IGNORED

2018 Enchilada Buffet pre-rides

TAF

19 minutes ago, Barry said:

It really did. It woke me up and continued for about 2 hours. Unfortunately I've had my fill of not riding singletrack the last couple of days.

Were we the only two planning to do this ride? I think instead I'm going to head out to Pedernales for a good long ride on dirt and rocks. It looks like they missed most of the rain last night.

Impromptu for sure, but you're welcome to join me if you'd like. I could pick you up at 8 at WC.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sounds like a plan.  You can pick me up at WC at 8.  Thanks for the dirt inclusive change of plans.  I will be by the pool parking lot ready to go.

• 1 month later...

I got out today and rode Thumper.  The trail is in remarkably good shape.  There were only 2 down trees and neither pose any real riding problems (I'll get them cleared within a week).  My yellow caution tape that I like to use is still in place.  And IMHO the added B&W arrow (BIKE) signs are very helpful for route-finding.  The only real downside at the moment are the leaves that have fallen and covered the single track.  I didn't notice much of a traction issue....but it does pose a "visual" problem when trying to read the trail.  The leaves cause you to loose the 'blue groove' of the best lines and hide trail conditions a bit.  But overall nothing to drastic.

I want to STRONGLY encourage anyone who will be doing the EB to come out for the Thumper pre-rides.  There's a reason why people moan about hitting this trail at 6+ hrs into the EB.  Do you want the advantage of having some trail-knowledge....or do you want to be sucker punched with Thumper stealing your soul?  Choice is yours.

Post up with any questions or comments.  The official ride call is on FB, but I don't have a FB account so feel free to hit me up here.

Thanks, -Cody

15 hours ago, CBaron said:

.or do you want to be sucker punched with Thumper stealing your soul?

Thumper quite literally stole my soul ... the sole of my shoe came off after I slipped into a gully (sorry, into a trail feature) and I was lucky that a fellow rider had duct tape with him.

3 hours ago, TAF said:

the sole of my shoe came off after I slipped into a gully (sorry, into a trail feature)

Funny, my shoe separated at Thumper during last year's EB as well. Good chance I also cracked my Spitfire there.