4fun

Seattle help

Going to Seattle for a long weekend with the wife. Definitely not a mtb vacation but may be able to sneak in a half day of riding. Any recommendations on places to rent bikes and a single must ride trail?

I was there yesterday (didn’t ride) and my friend was telling me about the trails in the Issaquah area, Tiger Mountain to be specific.  The previous time I was in Seattle I went to Wenatchee, but that’s a longer drive.  I’d venture to say that’s going to be the closest to Seattle proper but I’d be interested in what others say.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

I was there yesterday (didn’t ride) and my friend was telling me about the trails in the Issaquah area, Tiger Mountain to be specific.  The previous time I was in Seattle I went to Wenatchee, but that’s a longer drive.  I’d venture to say that’s going to be the closest to Seattle proper but I’d be interested in what others say.

Thanks

Lived there for 30+ years. Confirmed, Duthie and Tiger are some of your best bets but very different places. Evergreen is an excellent resource. 

Tiger is spider mountain but with 200' to 1200' of elevation and no lift. You could easily spend all day here riding up the forest road and bombing down. MTB Project/trail forks has good maps.

Duthie has a little of everything. XC, Groomed Flow, Short Downhill, jumplines, etc. Spend 30mins or 6+ hours. MTB Project/trail forks has good maps but honestly, it's almost impossible to get lost, everything starts and ends at the central hub. Watch out for 5-13yo groms who make you look bad because they've been riding daily this summer on their $6K bikes while their soccer mom's idle in the parking lot reading the latest Oprah book club book. I'm not bitter. 

Depending on where you are based out of also check out:

• Paradise valley conservation (Mostly XC)
  • St Edwards Park (XC/ All Mountain) 
  • Galbraith (Near Bellingham, closer to Canada)

Bike rentals aren't as common. The only place I remember was this place, they needed a hefty CC hold to send the bike out though. https://www.kirklandbikes.com/articles/demo-bikes-pg67.htm 

• Like 2

I was born and raised up there (Enumclaw). Mt Rainer Park (area) has some awesome stuff, and only a couple hours out of Seattle. I think they even have bike rentals now in Enumclaw.

Check these areas out...if anything you get and awesome view if it isn't raining..and the plus side of that. Even if it is raining, you can still ride!!

https://www.evo.com/travel-guides/bike/washington/south-cascades/410-rainier

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Yosmithy said:

Even if it is raining, you can still ride!!

Or hang out at the Greenwater Tavern 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RedRider3141 said:

Lived there for 30+ years. Confirmed, Duthie and Tiger are some of your best bets but very different places. Evergreen is an excellent resource. 

Tiger is spider mountain but with 200' to 1200' of elevation and no lift. You could easily spend all day here riding up the forest road and bombing down. MTB Project/trail forks has good maps.

Duthie has a little of everything. XC, Groomed Flow, Short Downhill, jumplines, etc. Spend 30mins or 6+ hours. MTB Project/trail forks has good maps but honestly, it's almost impossible to get lost, everything starts and ends at the central hub. Watch out for 5-13yo groms who make you look bad because they've been riding daily this summer on their $6K bikes while their soccer mom's idle in the parking lot reading the latest Oprah book club book. I'm not bitter. 

Depending on where you are based out of also check out:

• Paradise valley conservation (Mostly XC)
  • St Edwards Park (XC/ All Mountain) 
  • Galbraith (Near Bellingham, closer to Canada)

Bike rentals aren't as common. The only place I remember was this place, they needed a hefty CC hold to send the bike out though. https://www.kirklandbikes.com/articles/demo-bikes-pg67.htm 

Thanks for the info!  Duthie looks like it has some trails that both me and my wife will enjoy. Looks like EVO might take bikes to the trail for you!

33 minutes ago, 4fun said:

Thanks for the info!  Duthie looks like it has some trails that both me and my wife will enjoy. Looks like EVO might take bikes to the trail for you!

Awesome! Make sure you spend some time on the skills area (drops, jumps, skinnies etc) in the center pavilion area. Then you can come back after drinking the kool-aid and push for one at brushy! 😉 

• Like 1

Definitely. Rode there 3 weeks ago and took a friends newbie 14 yo son on his first real trail ride there. His mom had to buy him a better bike he had so much fun. When you get to the big open area at the top of the fire road there’s a big map that has all the trails color coded by difficulty. SUPER well marked and it all loops back to the open area.

As stated above there was a grom riding camp going on and those kids were hucking off stuff twice their height like nothing! The XC stuff is fun swoopy up/down without any rocks etc. there’s some fun optional obstacles on the XC to hop on if you want. Or take it up a notch on the jump lines. It was a bit wet so I only rode a few lines. Some of the raw wood was slick as snot!

Btw from parking area you ride path along highway 200 yds to a fire road, then up road 2/3 mi to open area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1