IGNORED

WTF

No, they are going to pick them up on their way out. Every time I have confronted someone that is the story I get. Basically they pick up the crap with the bag so that people think they will take it out. Then, when nobody is around they ditch it.

I firmly believe that we should do DNA testing on all dogs. Then we could test the poop and identify the culprits.

• Haha 1

I am sure that it would be more environmentally wise to just throw the poop off the trail than introducing a plastic bag in the ecosystem. All those wild animals are pooping in the woods anyway. What's the difference?

This problem is one of the more baffling to me. What mind set do you have to have to just put that bag next to the trail? 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, AustinBike said:

No, they are going to pick them up on their way out. Every time I have confronted someone that is the story I get. Basically they pick up the crap with the bag so that people think they will take it out. Then, when nobody is around they ditch it.

I firmly believe that we should do DNA testing on all dogs. Then we could test the poop and identify the culprits.

6 minutes ago, The Tip said:

I am sure that it would be more environmentally wise to just throw the poop off the trail than introducing a plastic bag in the ecosystem. All those wild animals are pooping in the woods anyway. What's the difference?

This problem is one of the more baffling to me. What mind set do you have to have to just put that bag next to the trail? 

When i take mine for a walk and she sh*ts, she gets the bag tied to her leash/collar. Been doing this with my dogs for almost two decades. I've condescendingly been asked why she has a sh*tbag tied to her by other dog walkers and I just reply, "its not mine, im not carrying it". The look on their face is priceless.

The bags next to the trail are insane. If the city put some attendants down there and started handing out some bad ass fines, it'd more than pay for the cost of the attendants and labor to pick it up. 

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, ATXZJ said:

When i take mine for a walk and she sh*ts, she gets the bag tied to her leash/collar. Been doing this with my dogs for almost two decades. I've condescendingly been asked why she has a sh*tbag tied to her by other dog walkers and I just reply, "its not mine, im not carrying it". The look on their face is priceless.

The bags next to the trail are insane. If the city put some attendants down there and started handing out some bad ass fines, it'd more than pay for the cost of the attendants and labor to pick it up. 

In the winter, the poop bags keep your hand nice and warm.

Yep, they need to start handing out fines.

As to why bag it and the difference between wild animals and dogs?  Have you ever smelled anything other than dog shit in the trails?  It's because of the density.  The wild animals are everywhere and spread out. The dogs are all on or right off the trail. 

• Like 1

This never fails to amaze me in my apartment complex too... People can be so fricking lazy and irresponsible.

You have a local Austin government providing a public facility as great as the greenbelt and your attitude towards it is, "I'll just dump shit all over it."

And then they walk around with this, "Look at me... Look at me... I live in Austin..." kind of puffed up disposition.

Gotta wonder.

Edited by RidingAgain

1 hour ago, AustinBike said:

I've been collecting DNA samples for your database for years now. I put them in little green bags next to the trail. Have you not been collecting them?

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Haha suppose there's an upside to everything! 
When I lived in DC and it was winter I would absolutely do this. No joke. It was a hand warmer when the weather was below freezing. Couldn't sell the wife on this concept but I did it

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, RidingAgain said:

And then they walk around with this, "Look at me... Look at me... I live in Austin..." kind of puffed up disposition.

Gotta wonder.

WTF is with that? I think a bunch of us here have been in Austin a long time. It wasn't until the last few years that people ask how long you've been here like it's a competition. Who cares?