IGNORED

Full face helmet at Walnut?

TheX

1 hour ago, The Tip said:

I will share a story that I am telling to help you decide.

I played intramural hockey in college. I played for awhile and couldn't decide whether to wear a mouth guard or not. After catching a puck in my teeth that required stitches inside my lip and cracked my tooth, I decided, "yup, I should get a mouth guard."

So while I'm at the store getting it I look at helmets trying to decide to get one or not. This was back in history when not many people wore helmets. Hard to imagine, right? But I decided, "naw, don't need it." About three games later, WHAM! I went down hard, on my head of course. I got a helmet after that! 

So the moral might be to not be as not as adept at closing that barn door after the cows are gone as I was. Because you will really feel dumb if indeed you do crash now and that full face could have helped.

That was all the convincing I needed. Having had similar experiences and realistically this should be a no-brainer for me. I also like the flexibility of easily using moto-goggles when conditions are dusty or during pollen season.

Now testing Amazon "Same Day" delivery promise to Fayette County, on a Sunday, for a Matte Green/Orange Bell.

Edited by Ridenfool

1 hour ago, TheX said:

I've decided that I'm ok with being the only person at Brushy or Walnut with an FF helmet.

Sorry to disappoint, but I saw two riders yesterday on PP with FF helmets. I almost yelled "Hey X" but I was afraid my ex wife would jump out of the trees 🙂

Good on you sir, glad you went with your gut on this.

Another helmet story for you on the fence:

Had been skiing for 1-2 years and someone made the point that I wear a helmet when I ride my bike (21 speed Costco special) and I go alot faster on my skis than my bike so logically I should wear a helmet while skiing. Now, remember this was Washington state so skiing isn't that fluffy pow-pow you get in CO. 8/10 ski days of the year It's ice, or at best groomed ice; so falling hurts. Anyways, I agreed, purchased a helmet and some time toward the end of the year, my buddies and I were looking for fresh tracks and ducked under a temp fence made from flagging tape and bamboo posts. The tape caught on my backpack and eventually brought me to a full stop until the pole let loose from the snow and WACK! speared me in the back of the head. If I hadn't been wearing a helmet, I would have been tasting bamboo skewer for the rest of my (short) life. 

• Like 1