IGNORED

REI now carries PNW droppers

4 hours ago, AustinBike said:

Retail shut down, now trying to compete with online only. That is a tough hill to climb because they are up against Amazon with massive fulfillment capability and they are trying to maintain their own inventory and fulfillment mechanisms. I don't see them competing long-term, not because online people can't compete, but because if you start with a retail mentality it is hard to rid your organizations of that mindset. Strictly retail will do OK (if they understand where their money is made) and pure online will do ok if they, again, find their niche. But the combo model has never fared well. Just getting rid of retail stores does not mean that they have also gotten rid of the retail mindset.

They got bought out by am sports and hobbies or something like that who was already successful online and just put a performance and nashbar skin on the website they already had. The prices are the exact same now on both nashbar and performance and prices a-line with the rest of the industry.

46 minutes ago, 4fun said:

They got bought out by am sports and hobbies or something like that who was already successful online and just put a performance and nashbar skin on the website they already had. The prices are the exact same now on both nashbar and performance and prices a-line with the rest of the industry.

Less about pricing and website, more about inventory and back-end logistics. That is where the real financial problems arise.

All the talk about Dropper Remote levers got me to thinking about how clumsy the lever that came with the post can be sometimes. The Wolftooth got a lot of good reviews, but I balked at the cost. Then I found the OneUp Dropper Remote V.2 with several reviewers comparing it favorably to the WT they have also owned. It is designed to fit in the space the Thumb Shifter would have used on that side. The V.2 is aluminum. About $44 on Amazon. I've got one on the way.

OneUp-Components-Alu-Dropper-Remote-22-2

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ridenfool said:

All the talk about Dropper Remote levers got me to thinking about how clumsy the lever that came with the post can be sometimes. The Wolftooth got a lot of good reviews, but I balked at the cost. Then I found the OneUp Dropper Remote V.2 with several reviewers comparing it favorably to the WT they have also owned. It is designed to fit in the space the Thumb Shifter would have used on that side. The V.2 is aluminum. About $44 on Amazon. I've got one on the way.

OneUp-Components-Alu-Dropper-Remote-22-2

I got the first version and this one looks much better!

Keep in mind too with dropper levers, advertising a shorter lever throw is another way of saying that the lever has less leverage. Too short of a lever makes it harder to push. WT has too different lever lengths to choose from. PNW’s Loam lever is kind of in between I think, while their basic 1X lever is shorter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, AustinBike said:

I like this, but I wonder whether the cable "end" (i.e. with the lead weight) attaches at the lever or in the dropper. I have 2 different droppers, each attach in completely different ways.

From their website: " Compatible with all cable actuated dropper posts.  "

Which, as @Teamsloan mentioned, most manufacturers seem to be designing these to work with either end of the cable terminating at the lever.

1 hour ago, Teamsloan said:

Keep in mind too with dropper levers, advertising a shorter lever throw is another way of saying that the lever has less leverage. Too short of a lever makes it harder to push. WT has too different lever lengths to choose from. PNW’s Loam lever is kind of in between I think, while their basic 1X lever is shorter.

During my research I found this chart on Wolf Tooth's site. As I understand it, some posts require higher release force. WT developed the LA for use on those posts, with the caveat that the longer lever also requires a longer travel. The "Preferred" under the Light Action column show the specific applications. They also sell the LA lever as a part for anyone wanting to convert from Standard.

ReMote_Matrix_a78a98ed-c75e-4281-8b34-9e

The TransX post is yet another branding for the same device as the Brand-X/PNW Cascade/KS LEV/Forte branded posts discussed earlier. It is on the Standard (short lever) Preferred list, and this chart helped me in choosing the OneUp Remote mentioned above, which is a short lever Remote.

Edited by Ridenfool