IGNORED

Custom Cabinetmaker recommendations

AntonioGG

Couldn't decide if cabinetmaker is a single word.  Looks good to me...

I'm basically looking into the cost of a custom 3/4" paint-grade plywood mud-room type organizer.  I have the design in pretty good detail.  This would go into our laundry room.

We had one of those big-box wire-rack customizable closet organizers, but we want something a bit nicer now.  We've looked at your standard options:  Container Store, Ikea, Custom closet spaces, etc.  All the options come in at roughly the same prices (a lot more than you'd think) so I'd like to see what we could get for a custom design.  I'd do the painting and could do the installation.

I've had people tell me custom cabinets are not expensive, and sometimes cheaper than off-the-shelf cabinets for a kitchen.

The last option would be for me to get one or two missing tools and make this myself.

I know this may sound odd, but I meet once a week in a group where we all have differing opinions, and we choose to discuss current events...I have no idea what you'd call this?  But I digress, one of the guys in our group I think is a custom cabinet maker.  Let me get his info and I'll post it up here for you (and others).

Thanks, -CJB

• Like 1

You may want to check out IKEA's kitchen options if you haven't. (I know you said IKEA, but specifically their "custom" kitchen cabinets - not closet options) I designed, assembled, and installed my kitchen cabinets for a small fraction of the custom cabinet quote that we got. It's all soft close doors and lots of cool little storage features. If I had a mudroom or laundry room, I'd probably go this route too. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

When we did the kitchen we found several companies online that build custom solid and plywood cabinets to your spec using their configurator and will deliver them to the house for about the same price Home Depot charges for their lower quality products. We used one of the online companies from Florida and have been very happy with how it all turned out. I wish I had more details to offer, but it has been a few years back and I've slept since then.