IGNORED

Where to go in arkansas?

crazyt

Camping in Bentonville is either near the Back 40 trails at an RV park in Bella Vista, or at the State Park near Rogers. Both of which have easy access to trail systems. Beyond that there isn't much in the way of other camping choices in that area.

There are several places to camp and ride in or around the Ouachita National Forest with access to the Womble and other trails,

Fayetteville and Hot Springs are other places Walton money has gone to build trail systems and may have camping options. 

https://www.arkansas.com/things-to-do/sports-recreation/mountain-biking might be worth looking at for ideas.

Camping options near Bentonville seem limited.  Devil's Den State Park is southeast of Fayetteville and it has pleasant camping and a trail system.  Certainly not as developed as Bentonville area as far as trails go but we have had fun there.  There is also a City Park with camping near Eureka Springs, Lake Leatherwood, which has an extensive trail system which we were unable to ride when we went due to torrential rains.  And the camping was a little sketchy due to a huge semi-permanent Canada Goose population with attendant goose poop issues.  

one of my next trips is to lake Ouachita for both riding the womble trail (and other surrounding trails) and of course fish the lake.  Check out the Highway 27 Fishing Village for base camp. It sits right in the middle of the Womble trail.

I get lost looking at places to ride that state, it's amazing!!

But yeah, hit Bentonville, you will not be disappointed or come back thinking you didn't have enough trail options.

I liked Back 40 more than Slaughter Pen. Less people and there are new features and jumps(and jump lines) around the golf course and Euston Rd(i think). If you want more jumps and flow, stay in Bentonville. Coler is awesome.. Really, you can't go wrong any where up there. Unless, you're looking for technical trails... Ride Emma, Cat and other places round town and hit the black diamonds up there and you'll look like a biking god

For Bentonville, camp at the Bella Vista RV park.  They have tent camping in the back if I recall correctly.   It's right on the back 40 and next to the paved trail that will take you all the way into Bentonville proper.  We stayed there in our trailer  and it was super nice being able to ride to Slaughter Pen a short distance down the paved trail and basically roll into the back 40 directly from the campground.

one of my next trips is to lake Ouachita for both riding the womble trail (and other surrounding trails) and of course fish the lake.  Check out the Highway 27 Fishing Village for base camp. It sits right in the middle of the Womble trail.
I get lost looking at places to ride that state, it's amazing!!
But yeah, hit Bentonville, you will not be disappointed or come back thinking you didn't have enough trail options.

I liked the LOViT better than Womble. Runs from the dam to mt ida on south shore of lake Ouachita. Also south of Hot Springs on Lake De Grey the Iron Mtn trail is a blast. Haven’t been yet but they added great Bentonville-like stuff onto Cedar Glades in HS. Think it’s called Northwoods.

And yeah I need to make it to bentonville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Chongo Loco said:

I liked the LOViT better than Womble. Runs from the dam to mt ida on south shore of lake Ouachita. Also south of Hot Springs on Lake De Grey the Iron Mtn trail is a blast. Haven’t been yet but they added great Bentonville-like stuff onto Cedar Glades in HS. Think it’s called Northwoods.

I raced a lovit enduro at a kodiak tough event and had a blast. That’s a cool trail system with pretty views of the lake 

I know they’ve had Enduro events at Iron Mtn but didn’t know they did one on LOViT. Yeah, it’s got great views, good flow and there’s a volunteer group that keeps it up pretty well. Womble and ouachita trails seem to go months before anyone tries to clear downed trees.

3 hours ago, Chongo Loco said:

I've heard others mention they prefer LOViT over Womble as well.

What the hell, might as well try both, right? 🙂

5 hours ago, Chongo Loco said:

Concurr. The LOViT is a much better ride.

10 hours ago, Yosmithy said:

Check out the Highway 27 Fishing Village for base camp.

Dude I might be interested in a trip back there, possibly in Nov. Not sure how much riding I'll be able to do by then, but don't believe I'll have any fishing restrictions. I was there twice in 2015 but haven't been back since. For anybody planning a trip to this area, please note that it is completely DRY. Bring what you need or drive 1.5 hrs across the OK border to get booze. 

DSCF1057 (2017_07_18 13_09_01 UTC).JPG

1 hour ago, throet said:

Dude I might be interested in a trip back there, possibly in Nov. Not sure how much riding I'll be able to do by then, but don't believe I'll have any fishing restrictions. I was there twice in 2015 but haven't been back since. For anybody planning a trip to this area, please note that it is completely DRY. Bring what you need or drive 1.5 hrs across the OK border to get booze. 

DSCF1057 (2017_07_18 13_09_01 UTC).JPG

Nov might just work. You be healed up by then?

On 8/21/2019 at 7:44 PM, throet said:

For anybody planning a trip to this area, please note that it is completely DRY. Bring what you need or drive 1.5 hrs across the OK border to get booze.

Another reason for Bentonville, not only can you get all you need there but they brew it there too.

I'm pilling on at this point, but Bentonville is pretty awesome. Not only is the riding great with plenty of options but there's tons of great places to eat, good bike shops, and a pretty stellar art museum.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2019 at 9:02 PM, Yosmithy said:

Nov might just work. You be healed up by then?

Suppose I was overly optimistic. Saw the doc yesterday and he said another 4 months off the bike minimum! However, I'm thinking I could ride one of these by Nov! 

cq5dam.web.1322.1322 (1).jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I rode The Back 40 and a good chunk of the Womble and came out wondering what the heck people were raving about. I'm going back in October because I must have missed something based on the way people talk. Plus I'll ride the Lovit.

Tent camping at the Bella Vista RV park is a bit lacking, as it's just a small feild next to an RV park you get to camp in, but the facilities are pretty nice. Camping near the Lovit and Womble are much nicer. Arkansas does have one of the nicest campgrounds I have been to, the Shady Lake state rec area. We got there a day after a tornado though so I didn't get to ride the nearby trails.

8 hours ago, Big_papa_nuts said:

I rode The Back 40 and a good chunk of the Womble and came out wondering what the heck people were raving about. I'm going back in October because I must have missed something based on the way people talk. Plus I'll ride the Lovit.

Tent camping at the Bella Vista RV park is a bit lacking, as it's just a small feild next to an RV park you get to camp in, but the facilities are pretty nice. Camping near the Lovit and Womble are much nicer. Arkansas does have one of the nicest campgrounds I have been to, the Shady Lake state rec area. We got there a day after a tornado though so I didn't get to ride the nearby trails.

I rode their earlier in the year and for me a big piece of why I enjoyed riding Bentonville so much was the combination of the town and trails.  As far as the town is concerned there are lots of dining and drinking options, it's all walkable and the people were very friendly.  Add in the aspect of being able to drop into smooth flow trails with fun features and connect that into a variety of other trails depending on what you want to ride from a difficulty standpoint.  I think staying outside of the town would take away a big part of the enjoyment as you can only ride so many hours in a day.