IGNORED

Wheel Builder Suggestions

crane

Hi,

I'm looking to get a set of 29" wheels built.  I'm thinking i9 Hydra hubs laced to DT Swiss XM481 hoops.  Does anybody have any recommendations for wheel builders in Austin?  Has anybody had good experiences with any of the online builders?  Thanks!

1 hour ago, AustinBike said:

James at City Limits http://www.citylimitcycles.com has built all of my wheels for a while now, he is awesome, top notch, never needed a true, just right the first time.

Second this. James does all my bike related maintenance, upgrades, etc. Top notch service every time. 

He’s also built a few wheels for me and it’s right every time. 

I had a set just like that built XM481 w/ I9 Hydra, DT comp double butted spokes and black brass nipples.  I ended up ordering from Bicycle Wheel Warehouse because the price was too good to pass up.  Looking right now they have a 30% off coupon on orders of 899 or more.  I just built another set on their site and with the coupon the total price for the wheels would be 647.50.  Makes me tempted to order another set for the SS. 

The wheels I had built are still true after ~1k miles including a day at Keystone, Spider mtn and weekly rides on 1/4 and DD at brushy so I'd say they're bell built.