IGNORED

Water Towers CAN Fly - SpaceX Starhopper

Ridenfool

HUGE SpaceX fan, and all things Elon actually. Disappointed when it scrubbed yesterday, but my wife and I saw the live feed today. Damned exciting stuff. cargo Dragon made it home from the ISS today also. Not much longer and CREW Dragon will be flying.

Exciting times for sure.

• Like 2

Yep. Missed the live shot by about 30 mins (driving to work.) Listened to Everyday Astronaut exclaim his delight at being present. Hopefully they do more of this type of stuff, with ship being built now, in not too distant future. Really want to head down there and see it in person.

1 hour ago, jcarneytx said:

Yep. Missed the live shot by about 30 mins (driving to work.) Listened to Everyday Astronaut exclaim his delight at being present. Hopefully they do more of this type of stuff, with ship being built now, in not too distant future. Really want to head down there and see it in person.

Yeah, when he saw it standing and he started getting quite exuberant after the dust cleared on landing the missus made me turn it down.

What is going on in space development now rivals the fast paced Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo years, only now its not an Us vs. Them scenario, so it isn't mainstream news. It should be.

Edited by Ridenfool

On 8/27/2019 at 5:26 PM, TheX said:

Not much longer and CREW Dragon will be flying.

Someone should start a betting pool on the number of Dragon Crew flights to the ISS that will launch, before being replaced with Starship Crew launches to the ISS.

The Starship passengers will still be "Spam in a can," but the freakin' can is gonna get a LOT bigger.

How much bigger? The pressurized volume of a single SpaceX Starship is expected to be 35,000 cu/ft, which may be a little more than the total pressurized volume of the International Space Station itself.

Plus, the Starship cargo capacity is listed as 330,000 lbs. That's enough for another 121 Tesla Roadsters that could be carried to space, in one trip.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starship_(rocket_and_spacecraft)

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this spacecraft changes terrestrial travel and extra-terrestrial expansion on so many levels.

https://www.spacex.com/mars

Edited by Ridenfool

• 11 months later...