IGNORED

What's This Fence Across a Trail at Walnut???

RidingAgain

I rode straight into this a couple of months ago. I think it was around 0.6, I’m not that familiar with that area as I normally only ride WC during my lunch break and that section isn’t on my usual route. I thought I was near the edge of the park and hadn’t realized I was leaving- didn’t mention it here as it seemed like I had been stupid and missed something everyone else already knew about.

When I crashed, the fence was probably around half-wheel height and pretty well covered with vegetation to the side of the trail. I didn’t see it at all- there was just complete surprise as I found my self face down in the dirt, still clipped in with my bike carrying on over my head forcing me into some weird scorpion shape I never wanted to be in.

I a little bit familiar with the trails at Walnut Creek. I don't recognize where this was. I thought it was at the bottom of the "old" Powerline Downhill but that is across the creek from Point 6. My best guess is that it was near the entrance / exit of Point 6 since that is the only place that has a creek near Point 6 and the creek crossing like shown in his video.

This looks like old silt fence. It also looks like it could be at the edge of the park. I asked the original poster on Facebook to tell us where on the map.

I think it's just north of that orange circle.  I used a green circle on my map.  I think I went down that path the first time I ever went out to WC.  You can see what looks like a couple of silt fences in the satellite photo.

screenshot.thumb.png.44411d4ce1178f112a7fed032e728852.png

image.thumb.png.642f93279b29478eed047b5ddd0e99f0.png

Edited by crane

18 hours ago, AustinBike said:

My point is that it would be most helpful if the original person who had the issue was posting this so that there was not a lot of second guessing....

Funny... You didn't indicate that as the context of your original comment. I guess it happens.

That aside...

The original post was on Facebook... Which is why I said in my first comment, "Just saw this on a FB feed...".

And I don't think the person needs to be here to explain anything as the original person didn't know where he was when he hit the fence. Neither could a few people on Facebook who were trying to figure it out for him. So I thought maybe someone here could help.

No need to get your knickers all in a twist, AustinBike... It's just a simple thread on a forum.