IGNORED

Lake Ouachita - 7.5 hr drive from Austin

throet

https://goo.gl/maps/km4NXGRcjir

https://www.mtbproject.com/directory/8007104/lake-ouachita

I've ridden the Womble end-to-end but did not ride the Ouachita Trail extension at the north end of the Womble. Never made it over to the Lake Ouachita Vista Trail either that runs along the south side of the lake. Mt. Ida seems to be the best central location for accessing all of the trails, but I like staying at the Hwy 27 Fishing Village (cabins, RV/Tent sites) that is just north of Mt. Ida on the west end of the lake. It sits virtually right on the middle junction of the Womble which makes it a great spot for out-and-backs in either direction or shuttled rides starting at either end. In addition to the stores and restaurants in Mt. Ida, there is a small store / restaurant a couple of miles north of Hwy 27 Fishing Village that serves up some great food. You can also get some provisions at the camp store at Hwy 27 Fishing Village. This is a DRY COUNTY! Pack in whatever alcoholic beverages you may want to consume.  

womble trail.jpg

Edited by throet
  • Like 2

• 4 years later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/8/2022 at 5:57 PM, Jessica said:

Question, is there any RV camping near any of these trail heads?

Sorry - just now seeing this. I had actually posted what you see below on your separate thread back in Nov. The Hwy 27 Fishing Village does have RV parking and it is directly across the street from Womble Trail access. Would suggest calling though as it's been a few years since I've been there. 

Edited by throet
  • Thanks 1