IGNORED

Are you not getting emails from the forum?

Albert

If you're not receiving emails from the forum, please let me know.

I've already found one email provider (AT&T, which includes SBCGlobal) rejecting emails, and I'm working to get that block removed.  I've seen a few registrations with gmail accounts that have not validated their accounts.  I manually approved them.  With Gmail, please check your SPAM folder to see if messages from the forum are being deposited there.  If so, mark the messages as not spam and that should stop Gmail from blocking them.

When setting up a new website with a new IP address, it's not uncommon to run into issues like this, especially if the IP has ever been used in the past for spamming.  I'll work on getting any blocks removed, and I can look at the mail server logs to see if and why messages are getting rejected. 

..Al

• Like 2

You do realize that if they aren't getting emails that they cannot complete registration and won't see this thread.

Add .GMX to the list of email providers that the confirmation does not arrive in any folder. I had to use my work address to get the confirmation, and would prefer to have the personal account associated with the forum.

Please post up the address the message comes from so folks can whitelist it. (Duh: it is admin@austinmountainbiking.com)

Edit: Tried adding this to the Whitelist and there was no change. No confirmation email received after changing address in Account Settings.

Edited by Ridenfool

23 minutes ago, Ridenfool said:

You do realize that if they aren't getting emails that they cannot complete registration and won't see this thread.

The whole forum (thus far) is visible to guests, but they would not be able to directly.  The contact link at the bottom of the page would still work, though.  I sent you a private message here, but you may not have seen it.  I'll investigate the problem with your GMX account and see what I can glean.  Will need to take a look at the server logs to see if emails to your account are being rejected.  Will report back as soon as I've done this. 

..Al

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, CrossPlane said:

Yes, mine went to spam in Gmail, I reported it as not spam.

Thanks for the feedback.  I haven't been able to figure out why Gmail will let most email from the forum through, but will periodically mark them as spam.  I've had the same problem with other servers in the past. 

..Al

5 minutes ago, Albert said:

Thanks for the feedback.  I haven't been able to figure out why Gmail will let most email from the forum through, but will periodically mark them as spam.  I've had the same problem with other servers in the past. 

..Al

Have you checked out the following?

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/180707?visit_id=636704755499081474-1919860246&p=email_auth&hl=en&rd=1

Emails from the admin@austinmountainbiking.com show up with the question mark next to them, implying they aren't being authenticated to the domain for reason? The update emails aren't showing this behavior.

Edited by CrossPlane

It looks like that's probably the issue. This is what it says in my email header. You'll probably have to authenticate that atariage domain to send email from austinmountainbiking

ARC-Authentication-Results: i=1; mx.google.com;
       dkim=temperror (no key for signature) header.i=@austinmountainbiking.com header.s=default header.b=RRJ2DFf1;
       spf=neutral (google.com: 23.111.137.222 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of bike@warlords.atariage.com) smtp.mailfrom=bike@warlords.atariage.com
Return-Path: <bike@warlords.atariage.com>