IGNORED

Bentonville - 8.5 hr drive from Austin

throet

Anyone know a local mtb guide at Bentonville that would give me a "best of" tour of the NW Arkansas riding?   Normally, I would love to explore and don't mind getting lost, but I am going Bentonville with my family and I would only have a limited time to ride.   Anyone knows somebody?

Edited by hawkhai

21 hours ago, hawkhai said:

Anyone know a local mtb guide at Bentonville that would give me a "best of" tour of the NW Arkansas riding?   Normally, I would love to explore and don't mind getting lost, but I am going Bentonville with my family and I would only have a limited time to ride.   Anyone knows somebody?

I'd suggest calling the local bike shop and asking them.  Try calling Fat Tire downtown.  But IMHO, I don't fully think it's needed.  Go back to the original post in this whole thread and look at my day 1 Strava.  I did 40 miles of riding and never left Bentonville proper.  Just explore, the trails are not hard to find, hard to follow, or very far apart.  Some of this depends on the riding you want to do.  But if all you want is a fun basic ride(s) while the family waits on you, then you can EASILY do that on your own from town.  If you want something bigger or bordering on epic, then a guide might be worthwhile.  My trail suggestions then would be Back 40 or Little Sugar (once again could be ridden from town).  

Cheers,
CJB

• Like 1

They have done a stellar job and really a guide isn't needed. Between the Oz Trails websites containing great maps and Trailforks you honestly cannot go wrong.
Between Back 40 and Little Sugar and then the stuff in town that is all marked and signed wonderfully I would just explore

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

If you want to tell us how much time/how many days, what type of riding (fun bermy flowy easier stuff/big drops and  gravity type trails/backcountry singletrack, etc). and where you are staying if time is really tight, and we can point you in the right direction.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Northwest Arkansas had an intense rain event yesterday  Wednesday, April 29th) with some local flooding in Bentonville.  It will be interesting to see how the various trail systems fared. I suspect the excellent design of many trails will mitigate most water damage. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Tree Magnet said:

If you have limited time to ride, an e-bike should let you see more trail in less time. Will you have as much fun on said trail? I can’t comment on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting point. Not sure that "seeing more trail" is as much fun for me. If I have two hours I have two hours, but other people may be different. I tend to find that Bentonville trails are built with a pretty good mix of features and interesting things. In an area where you had really long stretches with nothing in-between that would be a good argument for an e-bike.

I’d say yes. Especially if it rains. There are miles of paved bike paths around Bentonville to other towns. Last time I was in Arkansas I ran into three people halfway into a 200+ mile ride that was almost all on gravel.

There’s good pathways to meander too. A friend that lives there recently posted a sort of occasional sponsored ride called Square to Square IIRC. Runs from town square in Fayetteville to Bentonville about 30-35 mi on the pathway.

• Like 1