IGNORED

Santa Fe - 11 hr drive from Austin

throet

13 hours ago, AustinBike said:

Imagine a trial that wipes you out after just one segment.

Camp Eagle's big brother. But how can you climb up Windsor and think Cairn Me Up was anything other than a cake-walk? I thought it was basically an IMBA spec and heavy grade-reversal climb, with TONS of super fun off line rock crawl options. 

Too bad about the broken cranks. And I also had an adventure which started at the very top of Cairn Me Up. About 3/4 of the way up, I started hearing distant thunder. By the time I was at the top, this had become sideways rain, helmet smacking hail, and horrifyingly close lightening, all while the temps dropped from 75 degrees to a wet 60 degrees in about 5 minutes. My only option was to ride the flash floods straight down Jagged Axe. That was interesting. But yeah, I only got about 7 miles of it myself. 100% worth a return trip. 

I left Glorieta and drove the 15 minutes straight over to Galisteo for 20 miles of desert singletrack tailor made for Chamois Hagar.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Barry said:

But how can you climb up Windsor and think Cairn Me Up was anything other than a cake-walk?

Yeah, it was a climb but nothing like Winsor. Gonna try the lazy option and take the shuttle up this morning to explore the trails at the top of the ski hill then just bomb down Winsor when I am done. May do another up and down before I leave, especially since my crank had to be swapped out and I went from 34T to 32T.

• Like 1