IGNORED

Night-riding lights

mack_turtle

18 hours ago, The Tip said:

Why would your father be embarrassed by your solder skills just because he has very wide feet?

😉

Well, technically he's embarrassed by a lot of things that I do. But when I think about some of the batshit things that he believes in, I'm not too worried. 

But he has small feet 😉 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2021 at 9:43 AM, Taco Man said:

I bought my Hangover ~a week ago.   I noticed Monday they are on sale for a bit cheaper.   I could have cancelled the order and re-ordered at lower price as Im in no real hurry but instead I asked for the discount.

Owner gave me the discount but was a bit snarky about it- I almost cancelled the order after his response but frankly I like the light so I stayed with it.

Moral of the story- if you want a light go get one now since its discounted.

FYI- Just got a shipment notification, 3 weeks  from order to ship.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Well it seems my beloved Shenkey light is no longer avaialble at Amazon.  I bought a few of these over the yrs and really grown to love them.  Recently dropped one on the tile and it no longer works.  The other has been lost somewhere (prolly on a camping trip).  Thus I'm out light shopping currently...

If anyone out there has a recommendation for a low cost, light weight, rechargeable, compact LED light that I could run on top of my helmet....and use as an around-the-house flashlight, then I'm all ears.  Likewise, if any of you own this model Shenkey and do not use it much, I'd pay full retail price for yours.  🙂

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IHIMJRS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheers,
CJB

34 minutes ago, circuitbreaker said:

i know alot of us are using the Outbound Hangover for helmet, due to its wide field. It is on the expensive side

Worth every damn penny. I'm cheap AF and I got one of those. They had a Black Friday sale when I got it, though. Just in time for the sun to go down early enough that I needed it.

On the budget side, my main on-bike light is a MagicShine. They probably have a smaller model that will fot on your helmet.

Sofirn flashlights have been good to me so far. One of their smaller, lighter units might work on your helmet.

Most lights have a blinky mode for daytime and a solid mode for night. In daytime, drivers can see you, but they might not notice you, so a blinking-flashing light gets their attention. At night, the might not see you at all, so a steady red light lets them know where you are and where you're going. A blinking in the dark is confusing to drivers because they can't track your movement. Using TWO lights on your bike is my favorite solution for redundancy (in case the battery on one goes out) and extra visibility.

I can't recommend any one light. Just don't buy generic garbage when it comes to your safety on the road. 

On 5/27/2023 at 9:04 PM, bestbike85 said:

Any recommendations for a rear blinky light ? 

We're moving soon and my daily rides will involve more rural roads and gravel. I get concerned with cars come up from behind me, so a solid rear blinky gives me slightly more peace. 

I've talked to a few road riders who WILL NOT RIDE country roads without the rear radar system that alerts them to oncoming traffic.  It's worth it just to not be surprised.

• 2 weeks later...

Following up. I ended up looking at all recommendations, so I appreciate all of the input, and I went with Magicshine Alty800 front paired with the Magicshine SeeMee200 v2.0. 

They're both awesome. It was important to me to have the garmin/wahoo style mount for front and rear and the option to get an additional mount as I frequently ride both of my bikes so the ease of swapping back and forth was required. These things are crazy bright, especially the rear.

I'm ready for the move.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Charlie193 said:

Just got an Outbound Trail Evo to replace an Amazon special (Victagen) on the bars, with a Lumina 950 on my helmet. Only used it once so far and it’s great. 

Good combo. As much as I love the Trail Evo, I'm not a huge fan of the Hangover other than how light it is. 

For dedicated night rides I generally go with the Trail Evo and a KR Lumina 1100 on the helmet. But if I might be out a little after dark, an Outbound Hangover is great to have in a pack. 

• Like 1

On 5/25/2023 at 1:02 PM, CBaron said:

Well it seems my beloved Shenkey light is no longer avaialble at Amazon.  I bought a few of these over the yrs and really grown to love them.  Recently dropped one on the tile and it no longer works.  The other has been lost somewhere (prolly on a camping trip).  Thus I'm out light shopping currently...

If anyone out there has a recommendation for a low cost, light weight, rechargeable, compact LED light that I could run on top of my helmet....and use as an around-the-house flashlight, then I'm all ears.  Likewise, if any of you own this model Shenkey and do not use it much, I'd pay full retail price for yours.  🙂

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IHIMJRS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheers,
CJB

My little Amazon light is back in stock after about 6 months of being unavailable.  I just ordered 2.

Cheers,
CJB

• Like 1