IGNORED

Colorado Springs - 13 hr drive from Austin

throet

https://goo.gl/maps/sRmngytg7D12

https://www.mtbproject.com/directory/8007422/colorado-springs

"check out Palmer Park when you get there. it's a big park in the North-Central part of town. used to have miles of trails - some fairly technical. kind of a cross between CP and WC.
and can you say public land? something about being able to drive 30 minutes from your house and having hundreds of thousands of square miles of public land to tromp around on...
great bike shops too!" ~ Jdub

"I rode quite a bit in the Manitou Springs area on an old Schwinn Predator bmx bike when I was 14-17. My grandmother lived there and ran a flower shop. I had a job at Santa's North Pole just up the pass and used to ride with some of the kids I met there. It was the intro to me searching out places to ride off road as a preference and was instrumental in my riding a mountain bike today. Once one of their dads ran us up to the top of Pike's Peak so we could ride the Barr Trail down. That was brutal on a bmx. Would not advise doing this. There were tons of stuff to ride around there both official and non official." ~ MrMentallo

"You don't have to like the place to like the mountain biking and appreciate the vast amount of work that went into crafting the trails there. Visit Cheyenne Canyon daily, ride to Bristol.
Repeat." ~ Pulpwoody

"I've started riding up there from OCC, up Gold Camp Road. Then Buckhorn > Capn Jacks > The Shutes > Bristol, or back over to Fossil. So many new brewing options now! I didn't even make it to Bristol last time I was there." ~ TAF

"I stayed in Old Colorado City...basically CO Springs between Manitou Springs and Colorado Springs (the big part?) and the vibe was great. Maybe it had enough Manitou flavor to level it out or something. The locals describe Manitou as a used-to-be hippy spot turned hipster. Everyone I encountered was friendly, but I was only there 5 days. I’ll be back without a doubt. That Incline hike is no joke, and there’s a shit ton of stuff to do there along with riding the mtb." ~ Morealice  

Edited by throet