IGNORED

Gravel rigs

Chief

Ok so I guess this is the place for road/gravel riders. I've been doing some extensive miles on my gravel bike lately and really enjoying it. Currently riding a Kona Private Jake but just stumbled upon this damnit!

EvilGravelBike-1.jpg

Link.    

https://theradavist.com/2019/09/evils-new-gravel-bike-embodies-the-brands-rowdy-dna/

Edited by Chief
  • Like 3

Same bike as my other posts...for now. 

Salsa Journeyman Apex 1, with 700x43 and 650x48 wheelsets both running gravel king sk’s. 

Raced it this past weekend and got the itch for something faster. Looking at the Warbird and the Warroad. Those 415 stays on the Warroad got me really itching. 

E9406B5A-15A0-4FFF-90EC-1EC69CCE0636.jpeg

Edited by bestbike85
  • Like 2

Looking at the Shimano GRX bits to go back to drop bar. By time I get the bars, 1x11 levers, rear derailleur, cassette...should be able to use the calipers I have...I'm looking at probably $700+. An investment that I can never recoup, but I really want to do it.

Looking at the Shimano GRX bits to go back to drop bar. By time I get the bars, 1x11 levers, rear derailleur, cassette...should be able to use the calipers I have...I'm looking at probably $700+. An investment that I can never recoup, but I really want to do it.

I sense another sweet guitar or amp going up on the block soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, TheX said:

If it makes you ride the bike more then that is the payback on investment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheX said:

When I was looking to swap drops on that Jake, those conversion levers were the best bang for the buck. Plus I got to keep the 40t for the MTB trails.

2 hours ago, TheX said:

That's the first part I'm doing. Thankfully I have 25 years worth of tools, stands, and parts so I should be able to get through most of it. Days like this are when I miss drinking.

Been a month without booze and it has its moments😁

Make sure that road cassette fits the hub on 3.30HD correctly, as chief just found out road cassettes are slightly wider than MTB causing the lock ring not to thread in.