IGNORED

Gravel rigs

Chief

31 minutes ago, TAF said:

My Ti frame-up gravel build

LAUFMAO. In a good way.

EVIL says it can't be done, but some folks have put the Lauf Grit on the ChamoisHagar and it doesn't make a huge geo difference from the stock fork (slightly steeper HTA and very slightly lower BB). I may give it an expensive go at some point. 

What they said couldn't be done:

Screenshot_20201010-211231_Chrome.jpg

7 hours ago, mack_turtle said:

WTB Ventures

I love the performance of my WTB Venture 700×50s. I'm on my second pair after 1100 miles. The traction and rolling speed is counter intuitive but killer. And holly hell they corner awesome on singletrack. But they're paper mache when it comes to rocks. You'll get a sidewall rip if you become rock adjacent. 

• Like 1

On 10/10/2020 at 10:21 AM, TheX said:

Yep, SN is pretty much perfect for the Kona. I think a single speed would be great out there too. I took a wrong turn about half a mile in, and ended up at the FR 512 area. The Karoo got me back on track.

wrong-way.png

You can easily add more miles out there and tie in to BC from there. Like Chief and St B mentioned , there are numerous loops and options around SN and 

depending on how you choose to string them together you can get 8-12 fun miles.

And yea , great for a SS there. My Frankenbike with drops is a SS and she does beautiful. 

image.png.2eb8bfca0e0c2780f9761f0beeaf58e8.png

17 hours ago, Cafeend said:

You can easily add more miles out there and tie in to BC from there. Like Chief and St B mentioned , there are numerous loops and options around SN and 

depending on how you choose to string them together you can get 8-12 fun miles.

And yea , great for a SS there. My Frankenbike with drops is a SS and she does beautiful. 

image.png.2eb8bfca0e0c2780f9761f0beeaf58e8.png

By connecting SN with BC I can usually get 15-20 miles in depending on which trails I ride. That's leaving from the house and making a loop. 

here's the basis of a 15-20 "gravel" loop around SATN. I could include the gravel paths inside Circle C Metro Park and the Veloway trails to make it over 20 miles. Most of Bauerle and Canterbury would be fine as well if you skip the rockier sections. I opted for roads instead of the Firehouse-area trails, but most of that terrain is fine on this bike. I could have done a lap around SCNP and Whirlpool/ Valero Loop to add some miles as well. I just know to skip stuff like Stonewall and Repo Cycle on this bike.

618826481_ScreenShot2020-10-20at8_29_11AM.thumb.png.ebc7f0ac104099726ae8b0152a6088b9.png

20201019_171323.jpg.08e42d5383e2887cc00b9deaf066bfbc.jpg

Edited by mack_turtle
  • Like 6

I'm a wuss when it comes to drop bars apparently. Since my gravel bike seems to only see places like brushy and Walnut, I'm going back to flats. Hands on the hoods just sucks (for me) riding bumpy/rocky stuff. The guy I gave the brake levers to decided not to use them, so I got them back. Waiting for the 11 speed shifter to get here Thursday.

kona-flat-1.thumb.jpg.2ac487faf3ef6c85462b1f0c0276aca4.jpg

• Like 2