IGNORED

From Tragedy to Trails

throet

22 hours ago, Yosmithy said:

I had a few folks affected by that event. Glad to see this kind of recovery

Yeah I wondered about that knowing how close to there your old stompin' grounds were. It's amazing to me how nature gives us so much, but when it wants to take something back, you definitely don't want to be in its path. Hope to be long gone from this earth when Rainier blows its top!  

• Like 1

Those little guys were wonderful:  I crashing into a tree and it was AWESOME!  This is  beautiful and touching in so many ways. 

On 10/6/2019 at 8:44 AM, throet said:

Hope to be long gone from this earth when Rainier blows its top!  

Step daughter just moved to Gig Harbor, WA.  It's like the most astoundingly scenic village on coastal Maine, with the biggest mountain you've ever seen looming RIGHT THERE on the skyline.

I  was thrilled that she's living in a scenic place, but, dayum, if the Big One hits or the Rainier blows, it not the place to be.  One the other hand,

"For the 12th time in 14 years, The City of Gig Harbor has been awarded the Outstanding Wastewater Treatment Plant Award from the Washington State Department of Ecology." 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, June Bug said:

This is  beautiful and touching in so many ways. 

I was definitely jerking back some tears myself on that one. Great places abound across the Pacific NW and the winters are so mild there! I spent 3 years working up there and actually met a mountain biking buddy who was from Gig Harbor. Would love to spend a whole summer up there with my family some time.  

• Like 1