IGNORED

Anyone Riding an Ibis Mojo 3?

Charlie193

I’m looking at moving up from an old 100mm travel 26” fs bike. I had been thinking of keeping it and getting something on the longer travel side of trail, leaning more towards enduro. There are some fairly decent deals on mojo 3s at the moment though. Does anyone have one, and if so what do you think?

I’d be using it in Austin, riding a bit of everything, so I’m looking for a jack of all trades really.

1 hour ago, olddbrider said:

Depending on your price range and what size you need, you should check out the Norco Sight for sale in the Marketplace section...

Sorry, no firsthand knowledge of the Mojo 3.

Thanks! Looking for an xl though. One of my concerns about the mojo 3 is that the xl looks like it might be on the small side for that size.

Had a slight change of plans. I had previously decided against Evil bikes based on negative warranty stories on here, or maybe bike mojo. However, found an Insurgent frame on clearance for $999 and thought it was worth risking, so I grabbed one (not sure how good a deal that is, but it seemed decent to me). So if anyone is interested, it looks like evo.com still have some xl insurgent frames for $999.

4 minutes ago, Charlie193 said:

Had a slight change of plans. I had previously decided against Evil bikes based on negative warranty stories on here, or maybe bike mojo. However, found an Insurgent frame on clearance for $999 and thought it was worth risking, so I grabbed one (not sure how good a deal that is, but it seemed decent to me). So if anyone is interested, it looks like evo.com still have some xl insurgent frames for $999.

Nice find!

That frame in the low setting is a perfect mullet build candidate. 

• Like 1

New frame arrived.  Exciting times! I’m hoping I don’t discover that the rear triangle is made of chocolate, and I don’t have to deal with customer service.

The build will take a while, so for now I’ll have to make do with a mixture of staring at it adoringly, and running round the garden with it like a witch’s broom, while making motorcycle noises.

47ED8C04-6ACA-4B68-8224-C0ABDE37D7D3.jpeg

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Charlie193 said:

New frame arrived.  Exciting times! I’m hoping I don’t discover that the rear triangle is made of chocolate, and I don’t have to deal with customer service.

The build will take a while, so for now I’ll have to make do with a mixture of staring at it adoringly, and running round the garden with it like a witch’s broom, while making motorcycle noises.

To be fair, I do this with fully built and capable bikes. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Charlie193 said:

As long as you don’t powder coat it you shouldn’t have a problem