IGNORED

Skiing Stuff

Sluggo

Used to regularly drive between Lewiston and Boise and always stopped in McCall, ID. It is one of the coolest small towns I've been to and is home to Brundage Mountain Ski Resort.

Don't ski myself but folks I know who do have spoken highly of the skiing in McCall. 

15 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

can say Boise is one of the best kept secrets in the west. 

Almost didn't quote this because I don't want to foster the spread of the secret.  But the wife and I looked pretty hard at Boise a few years back.  I could see it being in our longer-term future.  The cold (& distance from family) is the thing that makes me wince.

-CJB

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CBaron said:

Almost didn't quote this because I don't want to foster the spread of the secret.  But the wife and I looked pretty hard at Boise a few years back.  I could see it being in our longer-term future.  The cold (& distance from family) is the thing that makes me wince.

-CJB

I lived there for a year as a teenager, and skied Bogus Basin. That was over 40 years ago. Damn nice area.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CBaron said:

-CJB

3 hours ago, TheX said:

I lived there for a year as a teenager, and skied Bogus Basin. That was over 40 years ago. Damn nice area.

Cold isn't as bad as SLC as Boise doesn't have the same issues with inversion (smog) that salt lake did. We would go 45-60 days without seeing the sun but drive past 7k to park city and it was sunny above that layer of gunk.

Our last trip to Boise was for a gravel stage rally out by idaho city in june, and we had jackets on😁. Such a beautiful area of the country and boise was a surprisingly diverse city with a cool university/downtown area. 

So much good stuff in that part of the country, you really cant go wrong if you're into the outdoors.

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, taco_junkie said:

A buddy of mine retired there and loves it. It checks a lot of boxes but it's a long way from family. If I wanted to hermit myself that'd be top of my list.

LOL, my wife and I moved here years ago because we didn't have any family in Texas.