IGNORED

Game cameras recommendations

The Tip

19 minutes ago, The Tip said:

I would like one that would send something to my phone when it detects movement. 

You're talking about 3G connectivity -- gets pricey if someone spots it and decides to take it with them. You should ask Kent, though - he had a few out there for ARR a while back.

On 10/23/2019 at 12:50 PM, The Tip said:

I want to observe some trail activity. I'm not very tech adept. If I get one will I get frustrated trying to make it work? I would like one that would send something to my phone when it detects movement. 

Any recommendations or advice?

If you want it to send data to your phone it has to have its own cell phone/number. I was not willing to pay that much for something that other people could play with or steal. Here is one - https://www.amazon.com/Cellular-Trail-Cameras-Waterproof-Activated/dp/B07Y2HQ8Y4/ref=sr_1_32?crid=3MVSG8EYB1KXW&dchild=1&keywords=game+cameras+with+night+vision+motion+activated+waterproof&psc=1&qid=1571940655&sprefix=game+camera%2Caps%2C1627&sr=8-32

I was using ones similar to this - https://www.amazon.com/Moultrie-A-25i-Camera-Kit-MCG-13299/dp/B07G2K1QXJ/ref=sr_1_28?crid=71YQDLR5ZKI7&dchild=1&keywords=game+cameras+moultrie&psc=1&qid=1571940774&sprefix=game+cameras+mou%2Caps%2C155&sr=8-28

Make sure you buy a lock and use it everytime. I also started putting up cameras in pairs. Each camera took pictures of the other camera. Then I had pictures of who was messing with the cameras.

They are not hard to setup and use. It does take some time to program it, install it, lock it and download it.

Will you get frustrated - yes. But that comes with trying to deal with the public on trails with or without game cameras. I found the game cameras were the ONLY way to solve some of the problems. Tip - you know about some of the problems. Nothing short of pictures to prove who was doing what solves some problems. 

• Like 1