IGNORED

New Trail Workday 9/29/2018 Country Club Creek Greenbelt

cxagent

Details

• Trail work on the Country Club Creek Greenbelt at 3199 S Pleasant Valley (dead end south of Oltorf) . This is a new trail near downtown Austin. There will be about 4 miles of trail when it is done.

What we'll do
We will be building new trail. Trail has been flagged and needs to be cleared. If there are enough volunteers we will also be cleaning up trash.

We will be doing tread work and armoring the tread. There will be some people cutting weeds / tree limbs. Wear closed toes shoes and work / weather appropriate clothes. Children are OK with parental supervision. There is poison ivy and mosquito everywhere so cover up if you are allergic.

We are scheduling lots of workdays so racers can start their 2019 Paydirt hours early. Don't get caught by next year's deadline.

• What to bring
Bring gloves and water (Camelbak or water bottle). ARR will provide tools (wheelbarrow, saws, loppers, shovels, etc.) and some gloves. Bring your own tools if you prefer your own. Bring your Pay Dirt form if you need Pay Dirt hours.

• Important to know
This is a new trail and needs lots of work just to clear the corridor.

The Austin Ridge Riders is YOUR local not-for-profit IMBA Chapter. ARR builds and maintains the sweet singletrack we all enjoy. If you are not yet a member of ARR, SIGN UP TODAY! http://www.austinridgeriders.com/membership/

To get credit for pay dirt, you need to download and fill out the form. Bring it with you to have the ARR Trail Crew leader sign. http://www.austinridgeriders.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/paydirtform.pdfhere.

aerial w topo 2015 Trail Concept 2.pdf

• Like 1

It looks like we may have up to 100 volunteers. So now I am desperate for crew leads. About 10 people on a crew is the limit. So I need at least 10 crew leads. I have 5 and need 5 more.

I have 25% off $200+ or 20% of <$200 coupons from REI for anybody who will volunteer for a crew lead.

Edited by cxagent

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2018 at 11:54 AM, DrunkyDrewster said:

Is it ok to volunteer but leave a little before 1pm? I'm volunteering at the Texas Craft Brewers Festival from 1-4pm.

Absolutely! You are volunteering so you can arrive or leave anytime that works for you. I hope you can make it.

Thanks to everyone who came out to help. Especially to The Tip who volunteered as a crew lead. We had about 50 volunteers. The Camacho mountain bike team even volunteers to help built this new trail.

There will be more work days in the near future. We know people are busy and can only volunteer a limited time. Still every bit helps. We got a TON of work done on this new trail.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cxagent said:

Thanks to everyone who came out to help. Especially to The Tip who volunteered as a crew lead. We had about 50 volunteers. The Camacho mountain bike team even volunteers to help built this new trail.

There will be more work days in the near future. We know people are busy and can only volunteer a limited time. Still every bit helps. We got a TON of work done on this new trail.

Thanks for leading the charge!  Yes, much progress made.  With a few more similar efforts, we could have something to ride out there fairly soon.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...