IGNORED

Homebrew tire sealant

Kyle

23 hours ago, TheX said:

Haha, I had a tire full of stans pop off of the rim during install, and stans went EVERYWHERE.

I found out the hard way orange seal does not like to be installed with the syringe. All the little particles of confetti/glitter stuff rushes to the valvestem and clogs the hose just as you're giving it a good push and blows the hose off. The resulting cleanup required was nothing short of a snuff film gone wrong.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ATXZJ said:

I found out the hard way orange seal does not like to be installed with the syringe. All the little particles of confetti/glitter stuff rushes to the valvestem and clogs the hose just as you're giving it a good push and blows the hose off. The resulting cleanup required was nothing short of a snuff film gone wrong.

I can verify this to be true.

• Like 1

Is it me or is tire sealant just about the most spill-prone liquid ON EARTH or what?!?! 

Seems like every time I open a bottle of it the universe just stops whatever it’s doing to absolutely insure that something happens and I spill that shit everywhere. Even if not spilling it is my #1 focus. 

🤦‍♂️🤬🤦‍♂️🤬🤦‍♂️🤬🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

True. I just know when I use the syringe that I 1st clear the valve before I try to load the Orange Seal in. It makes sense the liquid would find it's way to the valve.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, Chief said:

I've gotten to the point that I can unmount and remount a tire with sealant in it and not spill any.

Once (before I switched to homebrew) I had just added the last of a bottle of Stan's then immediate cut the sidewall. I managed to transfer the Stans out of the old tire to the new tire without spilling a drop. I was pretty proud of myself. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Chief said:

I've gotten to the point that I can unmount and remount a tire with sealant in it and not spill any.

With a full 2-3oz in it?  That's pretty good. I can not lose any when the level is low, and I get close sometimes when it is full, but with the folding beads...sometimes they fold and there goes the stans.  I think I'm going to rig up a syringe with a tube to fit into the vale to get the stans out before dismounting the tire.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

With a full 2-3oz in it?  That's pretty good. I can not lose any when the level is low, and I get close sometimes when it is full, but with the folding beads...sometimes they fold and there goes the stans.  I think I'm going to rig up a syringe with a tube to fit into the vale to get the stans out before dismounting the tire.

Yep with a fresh fill of sealant, when I realize I mounted my tire the wrong direction.😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

I have one of these that I use to add sealant through the valve stem. I also have a syringe but this is easier.

images.jpeg

Edited by Chief
  • Like 1

im talking about spilling/knocking over the bottle or some other dumb event that inevitably causes sealant to get spilled/wasted

I hear you. Happens almost every time and I just look at the puddle and wonder two things:
1. Can I somehow suck that up with a straw and get it in the tire?
2. How expensive was that little fu(k up??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1