IGNORED

FREERIDE512 @ Christ Church Cedar Park

El Gringo

FREERIDE512 is coming to Cedar Park! Christ Church of Cedar Park has graciously given us permission to build freeride mountain bike trails on their land. We've kept the effort quiet while we ramp-up, but word is getting out.

Waivers are required to ride on the land (available at www.FREERIDE512.com at the top right of the nav-bar on the home page) but unlike our other parks, FR512 membership is NOT required because Christ Church wanted this to be free to riders. That being said, we (FR512) appreciate your membership, as that's how we fund resources to build trails. But again, membership is NOT required and we're just happy to have something new for y'all to ride! 

The trails/features are currently under construction, so exercise caution if you ride out there. We're at a point where we could use extra hands to expedite trail development. If you're interested in digging/building, please PM me or shoot us an email at FREERIDE512@mail.com (waivers are also required for work). We could also use hook-ups for wood and if any of you has access to machines, particularly mini excavators (the ground is very rocky, but we can run skid steers in some areas) please let us know!

Also, for those of you who have seen the features, we will (as at FR512 @ RHR) have smaller features. We focus on building progressive lines intended to build rider skills in a challenging and fun environment.

Christ Church is located at 201 Church Park Rd, Cedar Park, TX 78613 and the trails are accessible via the jeep road across from the fire station on Church Park Rd. About 50 yards in, you will see single-track to the right, which leads down to the jump line (Genesis) which is currently under construction. The park is also accessible from The Peddler Bike Shop via Suburban Ninja. The Peddler has a map in their shop.

We look forward to seeing you out there!

-The crew at FREERIDE512

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

This is probably a stupid question- sorry. Is there just one waiver for all FR512 locations, or separate waivers for different landowners? If I signed a waiver and bought a membership mainly for Cat Mtn, would I need to sign a new waiver for here?

Can’t remember the details of what I signed before.

12 minutes ago, El Gringo said:

I will post here when the new waiver is updated.

And here I jumped on the old one. Ah well, I'll look for the new one!

16 minutes ago, Charlie193 said:

Can’t remember the details of what I signed before.

As is often true. 

4 minutes ago, RedRider3141 said:

sub'd to get notified on when the updated Waivers are available. 

Curious as to the entrances. This weekend, I accessed it through a previously closed gate on the East'ish corner of the property. This is technically from SN but not the Northern entrance at the bottom of the jump lines. Is this ok?

I was told the gate along SN was the "desired entrance" of the intended flow of the trail.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RedRider3141 said:

sub'd to get notified on when the updated Waivers are available. 

Curious as to the entrances. This weekend, I accessed it through a previously closed gate on the East'ish corner of the property. This is technically from SN but not the Northern entrance at the bottom of the jump lines. Is this ok?

Honestly, I'm not sure I'm familiar with that gate. The best guidance I can give is to just respect any "No Trespassing" signs.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Yosmithy said:

Thanks so much for all your work out there!

Is there anyone in particular from the church that we can reach out to thank for their generosity to the MTB community?

Thanks again!

Pastor Paul Kemp and Executive Pastor David Keefe. They have been very generous and supportive in making this possible. You can find their email here: https://christ-church.com/about/our-team/

Thanks for reaching out to them in showing our gratitude. As you know, land access is our primary requirement for trail - especially in a city as crowded as City Park!

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, El Gringo said:

Honestly, I'm not sure I'm familiar with that gate. The best guidance I can give is to just respect any "No Trespassing" signs.

I believe it is located toward the end of the "Features" on SN.  If you ride the old SN trail as normal, right after it lets out into the more open area (houses/neightborhood on your right), that gate should be on your right.    Gate had always been closed, but was open Sat/open now I assume. 

1 hour ago, Bamwa said:

I was just reminiscing about Twin Parks, and I never get a chance to get to RHR, so this is great news. How similar will the beginner's features be to Twin Parks? That place was ladder and skinny heaven! Same size and elevation changes?

Smaller, but great elevation change. Yes, we will be building similar features.

• Like 1

I had sent and email to the executive pastor and the lead pastor thanking them for their congregations generosity with access to the land. The executive pastor responded back that he's a skate park guy from Houston and that the Lead pastor is a avid MTB'r too. So, it sounds like they definitely understand the need for the land.

Can't ask for much more

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Yosmithy said:

I had sent and email to the executive pastor and the lead pastor thanking them for their congregations generosity with access to the land. The executive pastor responded back that he's a skate park guy from Houston and that the Lead pastor is a avid MTB'r too. So, it sounds like they definitely understand the need for the land.

Can't ask for much more

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Thank you for reaching out to thank them! Yep, they're great guys. The second wood ramp is now open - tried it out yesterday, but the ground was way too soft to carry any speed (though it was roll-able). Dirt was caking on the tires, though. I'll take a look at it later today.

• 3 weeks later...