IGNORED

FREERIDE512 @ Christ Church Cedar Park

El Gringo

On 12/16/2019 at 9:59 PM, El Gringo said:

Thank you so much for your help today!

I haven't been able to get out there yet due to a slow recovery from injury, but are there other ways we can help? Seeing these major contributions being made by FR512, seems like a great time to promote membership or launch a GoFundMe. Looks like the FR512 website is a bit dated too and maybe there are folks here who would be willing to help revive it. Would love to know more about what else you guys are doing and whether you will be continuing your work out at RHR as well, or if this is essentially your new dig. Can't wait to get out there! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, throet said:

I haven't been able to get out there yet due to a slow recovery from injury, but are there other ways we can help? Seeing these major contributions being made by FR512, seems like a great time to promote membership or launch a GoFundMe. Looks like the FR512 website is a bit dated too and maybe there are folks here who would be willing to help revive it. Would love to know more about what else you guys are doing and whether you will be continuing your work out at RHR as well, or if this is essentially your new dig. Can't wait to get out there! 

Thanks, Throet! Funny you should mention . . . We just went over plans to update the website yesterday. Christ Church will be added as a new location and each of our sites (RHR, Cat Mtn, Christ Church) will have their own page describing the trails. And yes, building is still very active at RHR. Rob is leading the building out there and is doing a great job - the latest project is building a corkscrew off the octagon. To my knowledge, it'll be the only corkscrew in Texas. If you've never ridden one, they're fun! Seth is still driving Cat Mtn, and Kendra and I are leading the trails at Christ Church. So, 3 active locations. Come and ride when you're healed!

Radiantm3 rode up as I pulling out yesterday and took over where we left off. With more folks pitching in like that, we'll make faster progress - we have so much we want to build!

Good point on membership: that's how we fund the building (and we come out of pocket for materials to make sure we keep the budget up for insurance, rent at RHR, etc.). The easiest way to help is to get a membership at Freeride512.com. Equally helpful is dropping 2x6s, 2x4s, 3" deck screws, etc. at the site. Of course, showing up to dig is always appreciated! I'm happy to give guidance so folks can work when we're not there.

Finally, we've just moved a bunch of new dirt - so, believe it or not, simply riding-in the trails is a big help too!

Oh - almost forgot: We really need to get signage up out there. That would be a great way to help out as well! I know there's another thread out there about signs. If we can get them, we'd be happy to post both in the the park and along SN to help folks navigate to get there.

Edited by El Gringo
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, alfman said:

Is there a trail from Suburban Ninja to Freeride512 Christ Church?

The easiest way is to park in the church parking lot. Then go toward the fire station. You’ll see a Jeep road off to your right. Take that Jeep road and you’ll see a singletrack trail that goes off to the right. It’s not easy to see. But, once you find it, you’re on the right track! It’ll take you to the top of the jump line. 

As far as from sub ninja....it depends on where you’re coming from. It’s hard to explain. Easier for someone to show you. Sorry. Maybe someone has a better suggestion. 

16 hours ago, JMR said:

The easiest way is to park in the church parking lot. Then go toward the fire station. You’ll see a Jeep road off to your right. Take that Jeep road and you’ll see a singletrack trail that goes off to the right. It’s not easy to see. But, once you find it, you’re on the right track! It’ll take you to the top of the jump line. 

As far as from sub ninja....it depends on where you’re coming from. It’s hard to explain. Easier for someone to show you. Sorry. Maybe someone has a better suggestion. 

Thanks! 

The easiest to find route off of SN is to look for a ranch gate that is open that has a MTB trail going through it.  It will be right before you to the first housing subdivision you come to about 3/4 of the way down ninja.

I found it this afternoon. Thanks.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, El Gringo said:

We're back from Cali. We'll be out at the trails by noon. If anyone wants to help, we'll point you in the right direction! Projects include clearing new lines, getting the Drop Zone running, and leveling the space for the Shred Shack.

For those helping, is it OK to park at the church? Also, is the worksite visible from the church parking lot? I see something above indicating that a jeep road can be found in the direction of the fire station - is that the best way to find you guys? 

1 hour ago, throet said:

For those helping, is it OK to park at the church? Also, is the worksite visible from the church parking lot? I see something above indicating that a jeep road can be found in the direction of the fire station - is that the best way to find you guys? 

Parking at the church is fine - there is a jeep road that accesses the park, but space there is limited. If you're coming out, the easiest thing to do is park in the parking lot. I'll PM you my number. Just hit me up if/when you make it and I'll meet you there, then show you around.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My son is a Scout that lives in the neighborhood where this trail is.  He would like to organize and run an Eagle Scout project for the trail here.  AJ at the Peddler said he should reach out here to find Dale.  Can someone email me and my son so he can discuss it and see what is possible?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mashmaster said:

My son is a Scout that lives in the neighborhood where this trail is.  He would like to organize and run an Eagle Scout project for the trail here.  AJ at the Peddler said he should reach out here to find Dale.  Can someone email me and my son so he can discuss it and see what is possible?

PM sent.

Yo! It's getting warmer and the trails are seeing a LOT more traffic. Many of you have asked how you can help out. It would be a HUGE help if you're seshing the jumps, to please water and sweep the berms and occasionally the landings. This will not only make your ride more enjoyable, but help maintain the line from erosion. There is a water tank up at the top and the watering cans are usually up at the top, or down by the last berm. There is also a broom down by the last berm as well. If there's interest, we can organize a dig day and cover jump line maintenance. Let me know!No Dig No Ride by Nikonovic on DeviantArt

• Like 6

Haven't been out there yet but I just signed my FR512 waiver and paid the subscription fee. I'm planning on checking it out this afternoon around 2 or 2:30. I have no idea how to do jump maintenance but I'm absolutely willing to help out. Just need someone to show me the ropes. 

1 hour ago, quixoft said:

Went out today and that's some great work! Thank you! But how in the sam hell do y'all stay on that foot wide wood feature? My back wheel kept falling off and when I kept it on the front wheel went off! Any tips?

I have a GG Smash as well, And I’ve walked it on this feature to test and it’s just too long. I haven’t had a chance yet, but I’d guess my hardtail or old Felt full suspension could make it.....with the right rider. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Skyyhorn said:

I have a GG Smash as well, And I’ve walked it on this feature to test and it’s just too long. I haven’t had a chance yet, but I’d guess my hardtail or old Felt full suspension could make it.....with the right rider. 

I was starting to think that after ther 10th attempt at various turning radius attempts but assumed it was my lack of skill. 

I love my new Smash! So much nicer than my previous bike. It felt fantastic going downhill at the church jumps even though I did my best to screw it up with poor technique. 

• Like 1

It's tight, but totally doable. I've only fell off twice on a 27.5 Banshee Rune. I'd say 50% of the riders clear it. I've solicited feedback on widening that turn: some want to keep it for the challenge, some would like it widened. At present, I leaning toward widening a bit for the 29r guys who seem to be the ones who struggle with it the most. I'm currently cheating a bit, as I pretty much only riding my 26" slopestyle bike out there😎