IGNORED

FREERIDE512 @ Christ Church Cedar Park

El Gringo

Several of you have expressed a desire to help out, but have too many time constraints. I would LOVE to extend the jump line over Memorial Day weekend. If any wants to help this effort, it would be a HUGE help if a couple of you could make lumber runs. We really need 2x12s (at least 10' long, but 8' will work for the smaller ramps) 2x6s and 2x4s. Any help is greatly appreciated!

16 hours ago, El Gringo said:

Several of you have expressed a desire to help out, but have too many time constraints. I would LOVE to extend the jump line over Memorial Day weekend. If any wants to help this effort, it would be a HUGE help if a couple of you could make lumber runs. We really need 2x12s (at least 10' long, but 8' will work for the smaller ramps) 2x6s and 2x4s. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I set up a quick and dirty google doc with the types and numbers you need so people can check off what they are bringing. Wouldn't be much help if four of us only brought a bunch of 2x12s and none of the others. Also, where to drop off and what times would be best? Just drive down the fire road? Do we need to walk it all from the church parking lot?

For folks that want to contribute just plug in your name(similar to what I did) in and what you'll bring. @El Gringo I just put in some random amounts. Please edit and add what you think will be needed and then folks can just fill in what they can bring and you'll end up with what you need and not eleventy billion 2x4s and no 2x12s.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-q6-2HA7cSH414l3q__Ccftn5IKls3shZcgleZGqnew/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by quixoft
Added google doc
  • Like 1

Treated is preferred, but I understand the associated cost, so whatever you can do. The 2x6s are most important if getting treated, as they are used for ground supports and decking.

Driving down the jeep road and dropping wood at the wood pile is fine - just don't park there on a normal business, we're hauling in our tools on a daily basis. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

• Like 1

@quixoft: You rocked it, man! Got some work done today thanks to your contribution! Unfortunately, we made the mistake of paying attention to the forecast and called off the machine. Hopefully next week.

AND, I'm glad everyone enjoys the trails, but please use common sense - if the trails are wet . . . DON'T RIDE THEM. Same rules as  Peddler's Pass. Folks left ruts in the berms. You can miss a day or two of riding to let things dry out. I know I'll miss a day or two to fix it.

Edited by El Gringo
  • Like 1

KOM is bringing a machine this weekend so we can FINALLY extend the jump lines! As a result, the JUMP LINES WILL BE CLOSED this weekend as we work on them. Again, lumber donations are greatly appreciated - 2x12s, 2x8, 2x6, and 2x4. quixoft did a great job, but we need more!

4 hours ago, El Gringo said:

KOM is bringing a machine this weekend so we can FINALLY extend the jump lines! As a result, the JUMP LINES WILL BE CLOSED this weekend as we work on them. Again, lumber donations are greatly appreciated - 2x12s, 2x8, 2x6, and 2x4. quixoft did a great job, but we need more!

If anyone needs help with transport of any lumber donations, I can help with that. I have racks on my truck I use for hauling kayaks, lumber, and ladders.

1 hour ago, quixoft said:

If anyone needs help with transport of any lumber donations, I can help with that. I have racks on my truck I use for hauling kayaks, lumber, and ladders.

Where do you shop for wood?  Can I get you a gift card and use it for whatever El Gringo needs next?

4 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

Where do you shop for wood?  Can I get you a gift card and use it for whatever El Gringo needs next?

I just went to the nearest Lowes. I looked for actual lumber yards but they all seemed more furniture oriented. I don't mind picking up stuff and delivering it as the church and the Lowes are both within a few miles of my house so it's not a big deal for me. I wonder if y'all could just order the wood online and then I'll just pick up and deliver? That way at least you know I'm not going spend it on hookers and blow. 

I don't mind doing this but I would prefer @El Gringo specify exactly which types and amounts would be the priority.  If I'm going to handle other folks' money, I'd prefer it be used in the most efficient way possible. 

Edited by quixoft

We did a lumber run today. We're good on structures. Decking will be the next priority. 2x6s are the greatest need. As to amount, we can never have enough 2x6s. Home Depot is good on 2x6s (2x12s were hard to find) but you kind of have to pick through them to find ones that aren't jacked up. Honestly, they should be putting that stuff into cull.

17 minutes ago, El Gringo said:

We did a lumber run today. We're good on structures. Decking will be the next priority. 2x6s are the greatest need. As to amount, we can never have enough 2x6s. Home Depot is good on 2x6s (2x12s were hard to find) but you kind of have to pick through them to find ones that aren't jacked up. Honestly, they should be putting that stuff into cull.

Ok. @Tree Magnet just sent me a Lowes gift card via email so I'll make a run tomorrow.  @AntonioGG, if you do the same I can kill two birds with one stone and load up on 2x6s. I'll send you my name and email in a PM.

Agree on the culling.  I picked through a ton of warped pieces last weekend.

Edited by quixoft

Hey peeps.  I am working on building a new line that will flow into the smaller drop line.  I cleared most of the limbs and trees today but need help tomorrow bringing some dirt from down below to smooth out the line since beginners will be using this.   Would anyone be interested in meeting me around 9am on Sunday at the drop area?   My name is Bill.   Let me know if you are interested or just stop by.  Hoping it should only take two hours at most if I had a little help.   Hopefully less. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, horncpa said:

Hey peeps.  I am working on building a new line that will flow into the smaller drop line.  I cleared most of the limbs and trees today but need help tomorrow bringing some dirt from down below to smooth out the line since beginners will be using this.   Would anyone be interested in meeting me around 9am on Sunday at the drop area?   My name is Bill.   Let me know if you are interested or just stop by.  Hoping it should only take two hours at most if I had a little help.   Hopefully less. 

Man I would but my ankle is the size of a softball right now.  Took a slap shot to the side of the ankle in a hockey game the other night and struggled just to get the wood out there today. Walked down to check out what Gringo was doing and that was a mistake. 

27 minutes ago, mashmaster said:

My son's Eagle Project was approved.  Here is his fundraiser for the new line including signs for the Church trail.  Look for material and volunteer requests coming soon.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/a5sz8-zach039s-eagle-scout-project?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link-tip&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet

Awesome!

Edited by quixoft

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU! I was neck-deep in carpentry and QUIXOFT did a great service of doing the lumber run and unloading at the site (sorry, my wife has already sliced most of it into decking 😎). Thanks to TREE MAGNET and ANTONIOGG for the generous contribution! OLDBRIDER and TY (I don't know his handle) also chipped in generously, enabling the lumber run we did. Brett from KOM was tearing it up today. He ran that machine for 8+ hours, fixing drainage and building new landers.  Last, but by no means, least - HORNCPA was on a mission today. He cleared a new run-in to the latest drop we've built. Things are coming together. It's so great when others come alongside of us and make things happen! We just want to add to great trails and new features in CP. Your involvement makes that happen!

MASHMASTER'S son, Zach (as stated above) just had his Eagle Scout project approved - that will be a GREAT way to help out, as he will be clearing an entirely new line called "Jonah and the Whale." THere's lots of potential out there, folks.  THANKS FOR MAKING IT A REALITY!

• Like 3