IGNORED

FREERIDE512 @ Christ Church Cedar Park

El Gringo

Short Treated 2x10’s from deck project for donation to trails.  Located in Cedar Park.  Also have a lot of nontreated 2x4’s that could be used for trails or other projects.   These are culls from house and then shed so they are bowed and cupped etc.  they are fine if you only need short pieces.  Free to pickup.

F53D25A9-8BBB-4363-A98C-3EAF80183524.jpeg

C42525CA-1A34-4B10-8036-E2F7EF8FFBA7.jpeg

On 8/13/2022 at 8:13 AM, DBehrens said:

Short Treated 2x10’s from deck project for donation to trails.  Located in Cedar Park.  Also have a lot of nontreated 2x4’s that could be used for trails or other projects.   These are culls from house and then shed so they are bowed and cupped etc.  they are fine if you only need short pieces.  Free to pickup.

F53D25A9-8BBB-4363-A98C-3EAF80183524.jpeg

C42525CA-1A34-4B10-8036-E2F7EF8FFBA7.jpeg

I would love to get some of this donation lumber for cat mountain. we (victory racing / cat mountain) are in direct partnership with FR512. re are about to rebuild the whale tale and need as much lumber as we can get. Im interested in both treated and untreated lumber.

Ill DM you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

No worries. We ran through the entire site with a chainsaw, weed trimmer, and inspected the wood features. Any branches in the ride path are trimmed back and all grass on the jumps has been scalped. I have a good idea of what needs to be done on the wood features for better flow. And will plan out what kickers to swap out for new, and not had a chainring killer at the lip.  The S Curve berm exit into the first kicker will want to be re-worked to better deal with the erosion. More skinnies would be cool. Will be calling a build day soon with plenty of time in advance. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stepneo said:

No worries. We ran through the entire site with a chainsaw, weed trimmer, and inspected the wood features. Any branches in the ride path are trimmed back and all grass on the jumps has been scalped. I have a good idea of what needs to be done on the wood features for better flow. And will plan out what kickers to swap out for new, and not had a chainring killer at the lip.  The S Curve berm exit into the first kicker will want to be re-worked to better deal with the erosion. More skinnies would be cool. Will be calling a build day soon with plenty of time in advance. 

Any idea on the dirt ramp to the whale tail?

The kicker to the whale tail is an hour build. That should be easy enough. The dirt lander will take a machine to make a pile large enough, or I build it out of wood. Guessing riders would rather land on dirt like the rest of the jumps there. If i can source a skid steer for a weekend, I'll build out the lander for the Whale, and build up the landers on the rest of the jumps.  The only possible issue I can see with a dirt lander after the Whale is the erosion and runoff is alot in that location. We'll just need to build it up and attempt to route the water.  The first feature dropin could use a larger kicker at the end of it and the platform needs diagonal bracing for better strength. The next steep feature with short lander wants to be lower, and the lander extended out to deliver the rider into the wall with better momentum. And that wall needs a lander. 

Edited by stepneo
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

FR512CHURCH Location update > 
I'm sure some riders have seen there have been some changes to the FR512CHURCH lines. The entire area has been cleaned up, old features are being aged out and replaced, and the features on the Whale Tail line have been fortified, and the line is running. The straight launch has been dropped down for better flow through that section, and the upper whaletail drop in kicker at the end is extended and tilted steering the rider into the line. Carpet strips are on the landers at the drops to smooth out the rocks a bit. Next steps will be to reskin the existing kickers on both lines. Stay tuned for updates: https://www.freeride512.com/ 

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

Edited by stepneo
Added video

@mashmaster.  Next steps with reskinning the kickers and building up the landers would be a good time for help. We've been working mostly on Fridays to get the lines up to speed. I'll be sure to reach out to you ahead of time to coordinate a day to provide the Scout with some build opportunity.  More planned to expand the skinnies area as well.  

.mov clip of the first run on the whaletail attached.  

Something to see at FR512RHR:

Find us here: 
http://www.freeride512.com
https://www.instagram.com/freeride512
https://www.facebook.com/freeride512 

Edited by stepneo
  • Like 1