IGNORED

Cedar Breaks lunatic gate attendant

BRAZOS1845

15 minutes ago, AlienSP said:

A couple years ago, I asked the lady at one of those gates where drinking water was available. She responded, "down the hill, but technically, you owe me $2-5 since you left the park". She almost left the booth when I took off. Jeez.

They're not hiring the best people.

I'm really glad I haven't ran into these people out there. My times out there with the staff have been pretty chill. Even the park hosts at Tejas have always been super friendly at the water spigot. But the best way to face crazy is with more crazy.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I couldn't watch the entire video; she's too crazy.

10 hours ago, TAF said:

Anyone have contact details? I'd love to station her halfway through Thumper.

Great timing! According to Corps of Engineers, she was a contract worker and was "let go",  so I'm sure she's looking for a job....

1 hour ago, June Bug said:

Great timing! According to Corps of Engineers, she was a contract worker and was "let go",  so I'm sure she's looking for a job....

Holy crap that would be awesome!!  Can you imagine actually contacting her and offering to pay here a 1-day appearance fee to heckle people in the middle of Thumper?!?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CBaron said:

Holy crap that would be awesome!!  Can you imagine actually contacting her and offering to pay here a 1-day appearance fee to heckle people in the middle of Thumper?!?

You asked if EB is too easy... why worry about how to add mileage if we can just add "trail features" like this.

Edited by Jiri
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, June Bug said:

Technically they didn't say she was let go.  They said this: "The incident occurred on August 25 and the gate attendant is no longer at the park or providing contracted gate attendant duties at any of our lakes"

Note it doesn't actually say what happened to her.   Sounds like they may have just reassigned her to something else. 

Edit: dunno if it's true or not, but saw on the FB post on it that her husband owns the company that they get contractors from.  Is that the elusive MIKKKEEEEEE?

10 hours ago, Schrute said:

... But the best way to face crazy is with more crazy.

Please, please PLEASE do not go crazy on someone - even a crazy person - if you are on a bike or wearing biking gear. You have no idea how much time I spend trying to smooth over things like that.

But I suspect that if this guy had responded in kind her story would have been that he physically attacked her. And the police would have believed the woman who claimed she was attacked over the man that said he did nothing wrong. Just look at anytime the police are called about a domestic dispute.

I actually thought this guy handled it pretty well. Although if I had been in his place I would have put my phone in my pocket and let her tell the police that I tried to run over her. Only after she made a false police report would I have shown the video.  Yeah, I can be vindictive that way. Some funny idea I have about people taking responsibility for their actions.

• Like 1

Lame. I would have gotten naked and started waving my hands around while hip thrusting my bike.

Please, please PLEASE do not go crazy on someone - even a crazy person - if you are on a bike or wearing biking gear. You have no idea how much time I spend trying to smooth over things like that.
But I suspect that if this guy had responded in kind her story would have been that he physically attacked her. And the police would have believed the woman who claimed she was attacked over the man that said he did nothing wrong. Just look at anytime the police are called about a domestic dispute.
I actually thought this guy handled it pretty well. Although if I had been in his place I would have put my phone in my pocket and let her tell the police that I tried to run over her. Only after she made a false police report would I have shown the video.  Yeah, I can be vindictive that way. Some funny idea I have about people taking responsibility for their actions.