IGNORED

Brushy Creek North Trail & Suburban Ninja

WhoAmI

2 hours ago, WhoAmI said:

I love to see this inter-connectivity. 

Article here.

All in all in know this will be a good thing, but the grump old man in me that seems to be getting larger and larger, dislikes change! And I will miss the fact that while riding SN I might only see a few other mountain bikers and not have to Wade through the regional trail zombies on their cell phones, oblivious to the world around them.

Once completed, the eight- to 10-foot-wide concrete, shared-use trail. 

After riding with a group every Tuesday morning on the Southern Walnut Creek Multi-Use Path, I'm in the "wider is better" camp -- and would prefer to see 12 ft width, minimum -- 14-16 ft wide would be even better.  The Southern Walnut Creek path is heavily used by cyclists and is curvy in may places with limited sight lines.  The bat-out-of-hell riders (singly and in groups) are scary and this path will only get more use as time goes by.   The limited sight lines mean that walkers and even other cyclists are definitely vulnerable to being mowed down. 

I was introduced to the wider paved paths in Atlanta.  They're awesome. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheX said:

Slight hijack, are there maps for these multi-use path rides? I'm looking for more places to ride the gravel bike.

Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but my google maps app has a “bicycle” overlay that lights up the regional trail and connector trails. I would think those would be gravel bike friendly. 

1 hour ago, TheX said:

Unfortunately, google maps bicycle overlay has too many routes that seem to be added by people that just ride through neighborhoods, or where ever. I tried to find a safe way to cycle to work with it and I failed.

Good to know. I was just messing around with it to figure it out. 

10 hours ago, TheX said:

Unfortunately, google maps bicycle overlay has too many routes that seem to be added by people that just ride through neighborhoods, or where ever. I tried to find a safe way to cycle to work with it and I failed.

https://austin.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=c7fecf32a2d946fabdf062285d58d40c&extent=3052120.7123%2C10036958.1486%2C3179054.0456%2C10097891.4819%2C102739

This is a quote from Honeybadger a couple days ago over where this was first brought up on the Brushy thread.

"AJ will adjust the trail as needed. The Parks director is ok with the mtb trails staying or adjusting around the concrete trail.
I see this trail as a huge benefit to the Brushy Creek Single Track, we'll no longer have to ride through a neighborhood to get from SN to the rest of Brushy, how cool is that."

And not for nothing.. SN is not just a line from A to B. There are many miles of trails in that area that go off in all sorts of area. From behind the hospital emergency room to feet from the apartments. There are trails there 99% of you never see.
Also if anything is going away its gonna be the trails north of the jumps , outside of that church property.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...