IGNORED

Shoe Sizing Redux...

RidingAgain

1 hour ago, Taco Man said:

I have bought this same shoe in the same size 4x - just got my latest pair.

https://www.pearlizumi.com/US/en/shop/men/cycling-shoes/mountain/mens_x-alp_summit/p/15101809

Once I learned the EU size I really switched to using that for any shoe I buy.  I find its more accurate than the US numbers.

Pearl Izumi are one the best fitting cycling shoes I've tried. I have a pair of the X Alp Summits for my gravel bike and I love them. I also recently went to Ride Concepts Livewires for flats and they're really comfortable and grip as good as 5-10's.

13 minutes ago, RedRider3141 said:

I gar-un-tee that the moon boots Lance Armstrong wore on the moon were size 9.5 not 42-43.

Neil's boots were probably size "Neil Armstrong".

I wouldn't buy shoes online but that's just me.  

Not all have width in their sizes, and I have not found a single one that has any kind of metric for how high your foot/arch is.  I find Shimano shoes too short (top of your foot to sole of the foot) compared to others.  Pearl Izumi fits fairly well, if a bit loose.  Sidis ran a bit too narrow for me, but I think they make some with wider sizes.  Specialized seems to fit very well for my foot.    Other criteria for me:  left to right foot size different.  I have a larger left foot and I have to find shoes such that the left feels comfortable while the right doesn't slip out of the heel.