IGNORED

New Bike Day, sorry about the rain

RedRider3141

Picked up a new bike for my girls. They've been super pumped to "Go Mountain Bike Riding with Daddy" ever since they came to watch the Peddler's Pass Race in June and saw other girls/women racing. They were blown away that "Girls can ride too?!?".

Right, now my youngest (3.5) just got off a strider and is peddling with training wheels, she's already standing up saying she's ready for the trails. My Oldest (6) has been off training wheels for a year and did a powerline trail on her beach cruiser, barely, that thing is a tank. I think she'll do better on this:

image.thumb.png.20f8c07b0d503aa2d466b2072ee26df4.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RedRider3141 said:

Picked up a new bike for my girls. They've been super pumped to "Go Mountain Bike Riding with Daddy" ever since they came to watch the Peddler's Pass Race in June and saw other girls/women racing. They were blown away that "Girls can ride too?!?".

Right, now my youngest (3.5) just got off a strider and is peddling with training wheels, she's already standing up saying she's ready for the trails. My Oldest (6) has been off training wheels for a year and did a powerline trail on her beach cruiser, barely, that thing is a tank. I think she'll do better on this:

image.thumb.png.20f8c07b0d503aa2d466b2072ee26df4.png

We need to get together for a kids ride! My daughter is 6 and the trails over at Behrens ranch are turning out to be perfect for her to learn on. She is going to love that bike!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 4fun said:

We need to get together for a kids ride! My daughter is 6 and the trails over at Behrens ranch are turning out to be perfect for her to learn on. She is going to love that bike!

I was hoping to take my oldest out on fri/sat but looks like weather will delay it.

I didn't know that there was already trails there. I just heard about that area from the RR survey that was recently posted.

Once she gets adjusted to the new bike I'll be sure to let you know next time we hit the trails, I'd love to see the Beherns trails. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, deadtokevin said:

My daughter was into her bike for about 2 months. She's moved onto roller skates now. Pray for me.

She may come back to cycling.  

My son got into the finger skateboards, then got a real one, but that's been gathering dust.  He mostly rides BMX.  BTW, for those with kids that are tough on equipment, I can't recommend enough a Sunday BMX bike.  I was fixing pinch flats (his new MTB is tubeless now) and broken stuff on his MTB all the time and mostly he was just doing tricks and jumps. He saved up for a Sunday bike and those things are bulletproof.

• Like 2