IGNORED

Reimers Ranch Park

TheX

• 2 months later...

This needs to be from an official source - which I am no longer. But that rarely stops me from speaking up...

This project is happening in several parts. The heavy machine work will be completed first. After that will be hand work to finish the work done by the machines. The hand work will be done (mostly) by volunteer labor. It is not a good idea to have volunteers working along side heavy machines. Also the "Return Trail" will be built with all volunteer labor. Fortunately the Return Trail is much much easier to complete than the Flow Trail.

Expect to see work day calls in the near future. I hope we can have it finished and open to the public some time in April. But I am no longer the one making those decisions.

Edited by cxagent

22 hours ago, cxagent said:

This needs to be from an official source - which I am no longer. But that rarely stops me from speaking up...

This project is happening in several parts. The heavy machine work will be completed first. After that will be hand work to finish the work done by the machines. The hand work will be done (mostly) by volunteer labor. It is not a good idea to have volunteers working along side heavy machines. Also the "Return Trail" will be built with all volunteer labor. Fortunately the Return Trail is much much easier to complete than the Flow Trail.

Expect to see work day calls in the near future. I hope we can have it finished and open to the public some time in April. But I am no longer the one making those decisions.

All the work on the new flow trail including machine and hand work will be totally completed before the volunteer work day. We may need help with trimming limbs and clearing downed trees. However ARR will direct that portion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ATXZJ said:

Looking forward to it man, and also down for some work days. No FB so whats best place to find out when help is needed?

http://www.austinridgeriders.com/

Once construction is completed ARR will be the overseeing the trail once we are done, all the volunteer work days are coordinated by them and will be posted on their site. 🤘

Edited by Digga
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, ATXZJ said:

Looking forward to it man, and also down for some work days. No FB so whats best place to find out when help is needed?

Let me know when you're going, as long as Deb doesn't have an appt I'll join you.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Digga said:

Once construction is completed ARR will be the overseeing the trail once we are done, all the volunteer work days are coordinated by them and will be posted on their site. 🤘

If you let me know when you have work days coming up I can post it on my site as well to help drive more attention. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AustinBike said:

If you let me know when you have work days coming up I can post it on my site as well to help drive more attention. 

looks like there's not much info on their site but i added them on instagram. 

12 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

looks like there's not much info on their site but i added them on instagram. 

I'll post an update as soon as we know when the volunteer days are going to be, ARR is overseeing that portion, I believe they are trying to decide what days are best for their staff. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Digga said:

That web site does not get updated often. Workday are posted at www.meetup.com. I think you have to sign up for a free account to view. (I turned off emails so they don't spam me.)

• Thanks 1