IGNORED

OP Schnabel Park... Worth The Trip Down South?

RidingAgain

I started mountain biking because of that park and McAllister when I lived in San Antonio. OP is in the middle of a very long trail system along Leon Creek. There's a paved path and tons of trails along it. Nothing very technical. Not sure if it's worth driving all the way to SA, but fun for certain. You can also check out McAllister Park and Salado Creek trails while you're there.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2019 at 8:55 PM, mack_turtle said:

I started mountain biking because of that park and McAllister when I lived in San Antonio. OP is in the middle of a very long trail system along Leon Creek. There's a paved path and tons of trails along it. Nothing very technical. Not sure if it's worth driving all the way to SA, but fun for certain. You can also check out McAllister Park and Salado Creek trails while you're there.

Used to live, more or less, across the street from there. First over the bars was there (and 2nd and 3rd) on the little anthills by the golf course (gone long time now.) Also encounter my first, and so far only, "trap"...someone had buried a board with nails in some leaves. Rode right over it. This was just north of Bandera Rd., but south of the 'sandtrap' (not sure if that's still a thing. Probably not, as this was 21 years ago.