IGNORED

It's back - Peddler Pass Time Trial!

DesertNomad

Speaking as a “bigger” guy who enjoys riding and would love some competition....what are the chances of having a heavy weight class? A few folks mentioned a tandem class last time, and a tandem class appeared. I know there’s quite a few guys that are 250+ on this forum that would love to compete! But, my 280+ body will never beat a 150lb dude in my age group. A “husky” class might be appropriate. It might motivate us heavier guys to train. I know I would sign up for it! Any other bigger guys interested? Just a suggestion....

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JMR said:

Speaking as a “bigger” guy who enjoys riding and would love some competition....what are the chances of having a heavy weight class? A few folks mentioned a tandem class last time, and a tandem class appeared. I know there’s quite a few guys that are 250+ on this forum that would love to compete! But, my 280+ body will never beat a 150lb dude in my age group. A “husky” class might be appropriate. It might motivate us heavier guys to train. I know I would sign up for it! Any other bigger guys interested? Just a suggestion....

I can make a 240 to 250+ pounder open category for trophies.  If we can sell this thing out I can probably split off some cash for them as well.  

So, for the holidays, eat with confidence! 

43 minutes ago, JMR said:

I've added a 250+ lb heavy weight open class. That is 250 lb rider weight (in race gear). start packing on those pounds! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DesertNomad said:

I've added a 250+ lb heavy weight open class. That is 250 lb rider weight (in race gear). start packing on those pounds! 

Heck yeah! I WILL sign up for this event! Looking forward to racing against my fellow competitors with “dad bods”!! Looking forward to it!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yosmithy said:

well, shit, Now I have to put all this weight back on? I just can't win

250 with race gear. There’s no regulation of race gear. Take care of yourself. Add what you must. I have no issues with beating you “lightweights”!! Bring it on!! I just want to be competitive! Let’s have fun!!

• Like 2

If i put my son on my bike and a saddle bag with snacks maybe i can reach that. Or maybe you can make a category for new dads who used to ride good but now just want to ride period.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2019 at 6:29 PM, JMR said:

I would totally appreciate this as well!  I've ran half marathons in "Clydesdale" class.  It would be great to have this for one race.  I'm 300 right now.

• Like 1

Officially termed "Clydesdales"... And commonly have a specific class for us... In the South Florida Series I raced in back in the day the requirement was 225 and up with bicycle. But don't think that there are not some really fast riders in the upper weight levels... When I raced there was one rider that was competitive in Elite class (I think it was called that... It was the class below semi-pro)... He pretty much lapped us all every race.

Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 6.44.18 PM.png

Edited by RidingAgain

2 minutes ago, HoneyBadger said:

We've been going crazy with the mini-x this week making the course even faster...8 new machine built berms, one big roller/jump, and smoothed out a rough spot since Saturday. 

Sweet action! Hope to get out there in the next week. Only problem with a faster course,is it might give me a false sense of getting in shape🤪

• Like 1