IGNORED

Christmas gift ideas for MTBers

olddbrider

49 minutes ago, Tree Magnet said:

I'm asking Santa for that Wolftooth in-bar tire plug kit but it's $50 so he might cheap out on me.

Had to look it up. Cool. Never seen that before. What a great idea. The video didn't really show how the sleeve was secured in the handlebar though.

https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/products/chain-tire-plug-multi-tool

3 hours ago, mack_turtle said:

Gift someone membership with IMBA or make a contribution in their name

When you join IMBA and indicate Austin Ridge Riders (ARR)  as your local chapter, you are automatically an ARR member.  Membership link here.  Scroll down to JOIN button. 

You also get a complimentary bike magazine subscription with your IMBA/ARR membership; Dirt Mag is one choice. 

And socks -- you get a pair of socks! 

Edited by June Bug

A lady I work with did this for her husband last year, and she said it was the best gift he ever received (his words).

A Hall Pass  (NO, NOT THAT KIND...Sheesh)

The Hall Pass was for any one day of the year, her husband could go do whatever he wanted, get out of any obligation, commitment, promised honey do, without any questions or explanation.

She said it was pretty fun to watch him measure and assess any little thing that came up, that he really didn't want to do, but also didn't want to waste his Hall Pass.

So, I figured this would be and idea for a MTB spouse that could use it for a ride day.

Edited by Yosmithy
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Yosmithy said:

A lady I work with did this for her husband last year, and she said it was the best gift he ever received (his words).

A Hall Pass  (NO, NOT THAT KIND...Sheesh)

The Hall Pass was for any one day of the year, her husband could go do whatever he wanted, get out of any obligation, commitment, promised honey do, without any questions or explanation.

She said it was pretty fun to watch him measure and assess any little thing that came up, that he really didn't want to do, but also didn't want to waste his Hall Pass.

So, I figured this would be and idea for a MTB spouse that could use it for a ride day.

Since this is not you, and it's the lady that you know, not the husband, I feel okay in saying..

...THIS IS TERRIBLE!!!!!

Makes me appreciate my super understanding and accommodating wife all the more. Some years she lets me do TWO things I want to do!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

We're trying to do more with gifting experiences rather than material things.  

So I'm thinking of getting my 12yo son a day pass at Spider Mountain.  Stocking stuffers maybe pegs for his BMX bike.

They just had a $100 gift card for $75. Or, a $50 gift card for $40. Expired dec 3rd at midnight. You might want to keep your eyes peeled for another discount. It’s usually totally worth the money!

• Like 1

On 12/4/2019 at 7:44 PM, The Tip said:

Since this is not you, and it's the lady that you know, not the husband, I feel okay in saying..

...THIS IS TERRIBLE!!!!!

Makes me appreciate my super understanding and accommodating wife all the more. Some years she lets me do TWO things I want to do!

My wife is the opposite as well. My wife will instruct me to get on a bike if I go more than a day or two with no saddle time because she says it makes me cranky. Bike time is an important part of overall mental health.

• Like 3