IGNORED

Best Craig's List Ads

JRA

• 4 weeks later...

Saw this today on CL.  Only posted it because I'm almost 100% sure this is one of the bike racks from my old shop.  Me and my business partner, Mark, bought the steel and fabricated these from scratch because the ones you could buy were way too expensive for us.  The amount of time and energy that went into each of these was crazy, with every cut, hole, bend, weld, grind, paint, etc. all done by hand in Mark's garage.  When I closed the shop in early 2010 I sold a couple of these racks to other shops (I think we made something like 6 of these), but a couple of them were still in the shop when the landlord locked us out.  I have no idea if this is one of the ones we sold or one of the ones left behind, but I can guarantee you it's worth more than the $80 asking price!  Good to see these things are still bouncing around town and continuing to serve a purpose.

image.thumb.png.74e2cb91fbc28faa7fd2cdd64c84ea19.png

Edited by olddbrider
  • Like 2

Saw this today on CL.  Only posted it because I'm almost 100% sure this is one of the bike racks from my old shop.  Me and my business partner, Mark, bought the steel and fabricated these from scratch because the ones you could buy were way too expensive for us.  The amount of time and energy that went into each of these was crazy, with every cut, hole, bend, weld, grind, paint, etc. all done by hand in Mark's garage.  When I closed the shop in early 2010 I sold a couple of these racks to other shops (I think we made something like 6 of these), but a couple of them were still in the shop when the landlord locked us out.  I have no idea if this is one of the ones we sold or one of the ones left behind, but I can guarantee you it's worth more than the $80 asking price!  Good to see these things are still bouncing around town and continuing to serve a purpose.
image.thumb.png.74e2cb91fbc28faa7fd2cdd64c84ea19.png

That's Joe's shop. Monkey Wrench

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

No idea really.  And it really doesn't matter to me.  It doesn't have to be this one, just something like it.  I'd love an old school yard bike rack (on the smaller side).

-CJB

PS- my problem is my CL-Foo....I can't come up with a good 'search term' for it.  'Bike Rack' turns up carriers.

1 hour ago, CBaron said:

No idea really.  And it really doesn't matter to me.  It doesn't have to be this one, just something like it.  I'd love an old school yard bike rack (on the smaller side).

-CJB

PS- my problem is my CL-Foo....I can't come up with a good 'search term' for it.  'Bike Rack' turns up carriers.

Bike stand instead of rack:

https://austin.craigslist.org/bop/d/cedar-park-bike-rack-stand-for-9-bikes/6859887428.html

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/5/2019 at 8:30 AM, Shinerider said:

Ummmm.  Talk about wrist strain trying to brake!

https://austin.craigslist.org/bik/d/austin-vintage-huffy-windsprint-12-speed/6897732044.html

00606_c65QhB91lPt_600x450.jpg

And VINTAGE Huffy - so $120.  So, probably more than it was purchased new in the 80's

No wrist strain necessary, you just hulk-smash your fist down on one of the levers. The modulation sucks, but the bike will stop.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...