IGNORED

Best Craig's List Ads

JRA

Well, I mean, that's not the sort of legal action I was thinking about.  I was thinking more along the lines of a (forgive the cheese, please) "sting" operation where the authorities perform the transaction, get shafted, and then go after the guy.  Or something like that.  I guess that's a little far-fetched?

-cls

Edited by MrTheCatLady

We don't even know where the guy is.  I'm assuming not in the US?  If it was someone local, it would be easier to try and get the police involved.  Getting the guy arrested would certainly help put an end to his activities, but not sure how realistic that is.  

You guys want a good laugh? I'm looking for an xl full sus in Columbus for my bro, here's what turned up, what do you think?

I emailed both telling them the bicycle blue book has both of these valued in the $400 range they still don't want to come down!

https://columbus.craigslist.org/bik/d/specialized-camber-full/6662128801.html

and this

https://columbus.craigslist.org/bik/d/cannondale-rush-xl-upgraded/6641563399.html

My thoughts are that Bicycle Blue Book is a joke.  I consider it nearly completely irrelevant.  I've bought and sold many (used) bikes and they never follow (up or down) the bike blue book formula.  ESPECIALLY, here in Austin where there is a much healthier bicycle market and things tend to go for higher priced.  

I have no idea the bike market in Ohio.  But selling anything is not unlike going fishing.  What kind of bait are you fishing with, what size fish do you want to catch, and how long do you want to wait?  Obviously, your not the kind of fish they are hoping to catch.

If you want my less philosophical thoughts on these adds...beside the fact that they are the antiquated 26" wheeled steeds, they both seem like pretty nice bikes.  The C-Dale has some fancy parts on it, but then you have to buy into all their singular C-Dale standards.  The Specy looks newer and less used.  I think thats the one that is a better deal. I'd pay $6-750 for it.

Later  -CJB 

• Like 1

Ok what about this one? He said he would do $600 for it.

https://columbus.craigslist.org/bik/d/cannondale-f800-caad5-front/6653008499.html

I see your point but to me the fishing is scamming and I feel bad for anyone willing to pay that much for an old sixer. Especially the cannondale w single pivot. I feel fortunate to live in such a bike city that nice old sixers are actually affordable. Maybe it's the winters and muddy springs but Ohio mtbking is still in the dark ages IMO.

Edited by Bamwa

Hmmmmm....

Once again, just my own personal opinion, but that is a $500 bike max.  The simple fact that its just a hardtail drops the value considerably.  Yes, for that period in time it was a quality level C-Dale.  But dang, I bet that bike is 15-18 yrs old.  The best part about this bike is that the front fork has been gone through by Mendon Cyclesmith.  That guy is a wiz with Leftys and HeadShox.  Have you considered trying to locate something around here and shipping it to him?  I wonder if a better solution could be had that way?

But here's another philosophical point I like to tell "new riders":  By being the family-neighborhood-friend's "bike guy" people always ask me what I think about the price of this bike or that bike.  Of course, I'll give them feedback and my opinion, however, I also tell them another way to think about it.  Example: if your bro talks this C-Dale guy down to $400, buys it and then it sits in your bro's garage un-ridden for a year....then he paid WAY TOO much for that bike.  But if he went over there and paid $750 for that bike ($50 over asking price), and he spent the next year or so riding the wheels off of it.  Then he got a GREAT deal on the bike!  

Matt, I know you understand these things, so this isn't really directed towards you.  But I do think about it when I end up giving people my opinions of bike values.  Especially those people who are sorta getting started in the 'good bike' realm.

Cheers  -CJB

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/28/2018 at 11:41 AM, Bamwa said:

Ok what about this one? He said he would do $600 for it.

https://columbus.craigslist.org/bik/d/cannondale-f800-caad5-front/6653008499.html

I see your point but to me the fishing is scamming and I feel bad for anyone willing to pay that much for an old sixer. Especially the cannondale w single pivot. I feel fortunate to live in such a bike city that nice old sixers are actually affordable. Maybe it's the winters and muddy springs but Ohio mtbking is still in the dark ages IMO.

Just saw the new Carbon Cdale lefty from Interbike.  F_kin sexy!

1 hour ago, JRA said:

Man, beside the severely bent frame, that (ridiculously long) stem looks like it's held by nothing more than the quill itself! What's sad is that he'll probably sell it to some unfortunate, ignorant, unsuspecting person, who will end up hurting themselves on it.

1 hour ago, Shinerider said:

But, but, but - it's a

Titan Glacier Triathlon Mountain Bike - NEW/Garaged--- $349.99 Amazon - $180

00y0y_7ZbKiweStTE_600x450.jpg

Just wondering how long until the suspension spanks the seatpost!

https://austin.craigslist.org/bik/d/titan-glacier-triathlon/6705340860.html

That is one seriously unfortunate (and comical) frame design... love the tube extending from the BB, with the sole purpose of holding the derailer.

Edited by gotdurt
i Kant tyep

5 minutes ago, gotdurt said:

Man, beside the severely bent frame, that (ridiculously long) stem looks like it's held by nothing more than the quill itself! What's sad is that he'll probably sell it to some unfortunate, ignorant, unsuspecting person, who will end up hurting themselves on it. 

Not if I buy it first!  I have a way with frames!

20180819_172007_resized.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shinerider said:

I've always wondered about using gripshifters on a roadbike!  But, it does have all 21 of the speeds!

That was actually where it began. When I was a kid in Huntsville the late 80's, there was (probably still is) a local frame builder named Hans Schneider; real cool guy, I used to ride my bike over to his house/shop and learn all kinds of cool stuff. He became a brand ambassador for GS when they first launched, and I remember him showing it to me and giving me literature on it... i thought it was space-age tech! It was mounted at the ends of the bars though.

• Like 1

I know not Clist, but still funny

https://us.letgo.com/en/i/kono-carbon-fiber-mountain-bike_dff6fa08-dd7b-469d-b9db-e7e4ea5715d0

123d922b3d870c5123367c2104ad88b8.jpeg?im

Its a:

Kono carbon fiber mountain bike

kONA microfiber mountain bike, with front & rear disc brakes. Excellent condition! Rode only handful of times!! Retail $1899 asking $300.

What the fuk is a "microfiber" mtb?  Especially since it is obviously aluminum.  I'm really confused. 

On 9/27/2018 at 9:09 AM, Shinerider said:

Hell of a great deal on a RACE bike!

https://austin.craigslist.org/bik/d/ozone-500-race-bike/6705050994.html

But, the description is best: Rice bike oxone 500 RS 3000 700C 21 speed bike

I've always wondered about using gripshifters on a roadbike!  But, it does have all 21 of the speeds!

01212_lbMQ0TMC2ge_1200x900.jpg

And, he has the same bike for sale on Offerup.com for twice????

https://offerup.com/item/detail/551410648/

38 minutes ago, Shinerider said:

I know not Clist, but still funny

https://us.letgo.com/en/i/kono-carbon-fiber-mountain-bike_dff6fa08-dd7b-469d-b9db-e7e4ea5715d0

123d922b3d870c5123367c2104ad88b8.jpeg?im

Its a:

Kono carbon fiber mountain bike

kONA microfiber mountain bike, with front & rear disc brakes. Excellent condition! Rode only handful of times!! Retail $1899 asking $300.

What the fuk is a "microfiber" mtb?  Especially since it is obviously aluminum.  I'm really confused. 

It comes with a microfiber cloth to keep the aluminum frame clean.

• 2 weeks later...