IGNORED

Best Craig's List Ads

JRA

On 10/2/2020 at 9:30 AM, Barry said:

I can't say I'm not tempted! If space in the garage was unlimited I'd 100% pick that up for a bar hopper and LogLoop shits'n'giggles bike. 

You know of all the over-priced crap I've seen on CL & FB lately...dare I say that this almost seems reasonably priced?!

-CJB

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DBehrens said:

I love the ad-hoc concept of the design, but the 'want to be' mechanical engineer in me is worried about the torsional stresses now on the swingarm and its bearings.....  

Need a parallelogram setup like those modern side-cars have.   I can already see a special category for the next Peddler's Pass Race:  Sam Pilgrim Special Class

"Makes working out an absolute delight"

Let me run that through my bullshit decoder:

"I am not really a mountain biker, I am a CrossFit enthusiast and I bought way more bike than I needed, then I realized that I did not like this sport and have moved on to my next obsession..."

It's not a bad bike and the price is not incredibly out of line. I'd be willing to bet that the person took good care of it because it was recently tuned up. However, if you are gonna spend $3900 you can get a NEW full carbon for not much more. I bought a 2019 Orbea Occam for not much more than that with a full new warranty. Spending that much on a 4 year old bike with zero warranty is not a smart move based on some of the other options out there.

41 minutes ago, bestbike85 said:

This is the guy, I think his name is Jeremy, who flips bikes on Craigslist for a living. He’s a PoS. Uses the same ad for every bike on there. 

He seems scummy. A 200mm DH bike is more or less unrideable in Austin unless it’s your dedicated spider mountain bike.

Fortunately, I think the price is going to scare off any beginners who may not understand what this bike is intended for and for those looking for a DH bike, they will probably hammer this dude on the price. 

12 hours ago, WLemke said:

Anyone looking for the PERFECT bike for Austin?

20833247-D077-4C48-943F-3E7B247EA61E.thumb.jpeg.44e9127ec51175f91d3ff4582295982f.jpeg

I've seen 1,000 ads with the photos taken on that same wall. same background on every photo. they are listed under "bikes for sale by owner" which is technically true, but if it's a business, he should list them as such. super annoying to scroll past 30 bikes reposted every day from the same person.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mack_turtle said:

I've seen 1,000 ads with the photos taken on that same wall. same background on every photo. they are listed under "bikes for sale by owner" which is technically true, but if it's a business, he should list them as such. super annoying to scroll past 30 bikes reposted every day from the same person.

Yeah, I know the guy.  Everytime I'm on Clist - I flag his posts and hide them.  I totally agree that he is a business at this point. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, circuitbreaker said:

this is a bit crazy. i just think all the piles of parts looks neat. any enterprising souls out there?

https://austin.craigslist.org/bid/d/richmond-must-sell-large-lot-of-ebikes/7221919145.html

Geeze. Would need to negotiate to take over the lease on that warehouse as well. Where the hell would you put all that?  and the head ache of moving it all to another location.