IGNORED

Best Craig's List Ads

JRA

On 12/16/2020 at 9:59 AM, Barry said:

Some things need to be saved indefinitely from the ravages of Craigslist's cruel deletions:

image.png.7c00a4173b7203cff43f969ba02d6743.pngimage.png.4bafdddc723f378121ea93cf42bba456.png  

image.png.28bed2a9a7e9de3d9d0b0b0a959f4062.png

If those were Hello Kitty stickers it would no longer be on Craigslist, it would be in my garage. While the wife thinks I have "enough bikes" (like that is a thing), a HK bike would be an allowed exception.

8 minutes ago, AustinBike said:

If those were Hello Kitty stickers it would no longer be on Craigslist, it would be in my garage.

I think every sticker being HK would be overdoing it. It ought to be a Sanrio mix with My Melody, Kuromi and the lot.

And hey, didn't you have an EB sticker bomb bike!?

2 hours ago, Barry said:

I think every sticker being HK would be overdoing it. It ought to be a Sanrio mix with My Melody, Kuromi and the lot.

And hey, didn't you have an EB sticker bomb bike!?

Had 4 stickers for the 4 EBs that I finished. But I sold the bike.

One of my goals for 2021 is to get back in the EB routine now that I am post surgery and should be vaccinated.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2020 at 3:27 PM, Shinerider said:

I examined/repaired a handful of these overpriced/stored outside bikes in the last 6 months. Every time I told the owner, it's going to cost more than it's worth in just parts... 

Edited by RedRider3141

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just spent a few minutes scanning local Craigslist bikes and something stuck me: the relative lack of "garbage" bikes. I feel like CL listings in the past have had a lot more Mongoose XR-75 type bikes with absurd prices. relatively nice bikes dominate the listings I see there now. is that because the Austin area has a more affluent population, or because people have given up on selling junk bikes?

also noteworthy: "overbikes" for the terrain. I saw a few bikes with dual crown forks in there. I have to wonder how many of those are people who moved here with their bikes recently from a mountainous region and are trying to unload a bike that is not suited for the local terrain.

7 minutes ago, mack_turtle said:

I just spent a few minutes scanning local Craigslist bikes and something stuck me: the relative lack of "garbage" bikes. I feel like CL listings in the past have had a lot more Mongoose XR-75 type bikes with absurd prices. relatively nice bikes dominate the listings I see there now. is that because the Austin area has a more affluent population, or because people have given up on selling junk bikes?

also noteworthy: "overbikes" for the terrain. I saw a few bikes with dual crown forks in there. I have to wonder how many of those are people who moved here with their bikes recently from a mountainous region and are trying to unload a bike that is not suited for the local terrain.

Some of it may be COVID buyers remorse. Now that people are getting vaccinated I think we'll start seeing all the gym rats who bought bikes during COVID trying to recoup their money. 

this past year was a terrible time to try to buy a bike. the second half of this year will probably be a terrific time to buy a good used bike!

as if it was meant to prove my point, this just showed up in my FB feed:

200mm Boxxer. I'm sure there's an interesting story about this bike.

Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 9.58.53 AM.png

Edited by mack_turtle

this past year was a terrible time to try to buy a bike. the second half of this year will probably be a terrific time to buy a good used bike!

as if it was meant to prove my point, this just showed up in my FB feed:
200mm Boxxer. I'm sure there's an interesting story about this bike.
1263942715_ScreenShot2021-03-24at9_58_53AM.png.a0afd4272fa3fa10b5b8a7180dfb96ed.png

That guy lists multiple bikes a week. No idea if he’s buying local or off the web to fix and flip here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My guess as to why people buy full-on DH bikes around here is that they have a trip planned to AF or some other park and think "I'll spend every other weekend at Spider Mtn and go to AF at least twice more this year if I buy this bike." Then, don't.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

New bike prices will keep going up as long as they have material shortages as well.  I don't know if I saw this on Pinkbike or VeloNews but some announced 12% increase for new bikes.

Santa Cruz announced that, but they did it after several smaller companies did the same. more will follow.