IGNORED

Best Craig's List Ads

JRA

I'm not sure if he's saying the fork was $350 or the service was. that's an absurd amount to pay for suspension service.

It's a nice bike but it's outdated and worth perhaps half of what he's asking. one of two things will happen:

• some sucker will pay over $1,000 for that bike.
  • he'll get annoyed that no one wants to buy it. hopefully he'll find time to start riding it again instead.

Its an early 2010s santa cruz superlight.

MURICA!!

Yep. Don’t know anyone that didn’t warranty at least one of those frames here back in the late 90’s/early 00’s. I’d never buy a used one from around here.

Saw some team only bike photos from the pits at last weekend’s World Cup and it looks like Santa Cruz is reintroducing a single pivot race bike. No official name yet, but wondering if they’ll reuse the Superlight name like they have the Blur, Heckler, and Bullit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, mack_turtle said:

I don't know why this thing is so funny to me, but it's been reposted EVERY DAY on CL for months and months. no one wants it.

1368641959_ScreenShot2021-05-12at7_30_57AM.thumb.png.cbfd3fbfaab592598c6a684fbba809ae.png

I get so tired of those same ads over and over. I know you can sort of hide them, but that typically only works for a short time.

I guess I understand, somebody may one day stumble on to CL looking for something really specific. But come on. every day refresh of your parts bin trash...

24 minutes ago, mack_turtle said:

I should email the person with the stem cap:

"I've been looking for one of these FOREVER! When can we meet up? I'll bring cash." then show up, look at the stem cap, and "change my mind" and just walk away.

"Oh. It's bronze. I thought the ad said brass. Never mind."

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds legit!

Well used, well loved, but time to upgrade. Rear cassette was replaced a few years ago and the Fatty fork was added. Bike works great EXCEPT the headstock blew a seal last time I rode it. Could be under warranty, but I'm unsure. Rear tire is new, front is relatively new. Unsure of exact year of manufacture but my best guess is 2002.

image.png.e6a748c9eb21b7c039e0ae29bab9f107.png

16 hours ago, TheX said:

Sounds legit!

Well used, well loved, but time to upgrade. Rear cassette was replaced a few years ago and the Fatty fork was added. Bike works great EXCEPT the headstock blew a seal last time I rode it. Could be under warranty, but I'm unsure. Rear tire is new, front is relatively new. Unsure of exact year of manufacture but my best guess is 2002.

image.png.e6a748c9eb21b7c039e0ae29bab9f107.png

Warranty. lol

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Mattlikesbikes said:

Is it even a GT if there is no triple triangle?

I guess because it's a small, there's no room for that. I think this bike comes with a 100mm fork. you can probably get away with putting a slightly longer fork on most bikes, but that extra 60mm of travel is asking for a sheared-off headtube, plus it probably fits and handles like crap.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not that this is a funny ad, but it’s shocking that this girl stole a Jones bike from a garage, and the guy was right there yelling at her, and she’s on 2 cameras! 

Here is the YouTube link to the video, you can hear him yelling at her then the second view from what looks like a neighbors camera: 

https://austin.craigslist.org/bik/d/austin-stolen-jones-bike/7362893675.html

• 2 weeks later...