IGNORED

Best Craig's List Ads

JRA

On 10/23/2018 at 4:27 PM, Charlie193 said:

paste the ad. They go away quick. This forum is much better about images. You can take a screen capture (on a mac it is cmd-ctrl-shift-4, then paste it straight into the upload window.

image.thumb.png.bd123c0818e6f1e052ed5dd761fbee85.png

Edited by crazyt

On 8/28/2018 at 1:23 PM, CBaron said:

Hmmmmm....

Once again, just my own personal opinion, but that is a $500 bike max.  The simple fact that its just a hardtail drops the value considerably.  Yes, for that period in time it was a quality level C-Dale.  But dang, I bet that bike is 15-18 yrs old.  The best part about this bike is that the front fork has been gone through by Mendon Cyclesmith.  That guy is a wiz with Leftys and HeadShox.  Have you considered trying to locate something around here and shipping it to him?  I wonder if a better solution could be had that way?

But here's another philosophical point I like to tell "new riders":  By being the family-neighborhood-friend's "bike guy" people always ask me what I think about the price of this bike or that bike.  Of course, I'll give them feedback and my opinion, however, I also tell them another way to think about it.  Example: if your bro talks this C-Dale guy down to $400, buys it and then it sits in your bro's garage un-ridden for a year....then he paid WAY TOO much for that bike.  But if he went over there and paid $750 for that bike ($50 over asking price), and he spent the next year or so riding the wheels off of it.  Then he got a GREAT deal on the bike!  

Matt, I know you understand these things, so this isn't really directed towards you.  But I do think about it when I end up giving people my opinions of bike values.  Especially those people who are sorta getting started in the 'good bike' realm.

Cheers  -CJB

I price bikes as 20% off MSRP than 15%/year. A 15 year old bike is worth about 9% of the original MSRP

Edited by crazyt

5 hours ago, crazyt said:

I price bikes as 20% off MSRP than 15%/year. A 15 year old bike is worth about 9% of the original MSRP

Grammar nag mode on:

Seth has a slightly used "then" in another thread that could be swapped for that "than" in the sentence above to balance things out nicely.

A unique circumstance where these two words actually could be interchangeable. :classic_wink:

Grammar nag mode off.

Okay, I'll stop now. Really, I will ... 🙃

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ridenfool said:

Grammar nag mode on:

Seth has a slightly used "then" in another thread that could be swapped for that "than" in the sentence above to balance things out nicely.

A unique circumstance where these two words actually could be interchangeable. :classic_wink:

Grammar nag mode off.

Okay, I'll stop now. Really, I will ... 🙃

slow clap!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Shouldn't they be looking for applicants with a non-criminal background?

Though I suppose that clean criminals deserve a chance to make it in the honest world, why go looking for them specifically as potential employees?

If they are hiring them to deliver pizza at least they are looking for those criminals with good hygiene, and the ability to ride that E-bike like they stole it.

Edited by Ridenfool

• 1 month later...

I can't sell anything on Craigslist because Bike Farm and a few other "dealers" keep posting all of their bikes on the "for sale by owner" page. Or I am trying to sell stuff that no one wants. You be the judge!

Seriously though, when I see 30 different listings with photos of bikes taken on the exact same background, that's not "for sale by owner." 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mack_turtle said:

I can't sell anything on Craigslist because Bike Farm and a few other "dealers" keep posting all of their bikes on the "for sale by owner" page. Or I am trying to sell stuff that no one wants. You be the judge!

Seriously though, when I see 30 different listings with photos of bikes taken on the exact same background, that's not "for sale by owner." 

I take the time to flag them, and I don't see them again.

• Like 2

Looks like someone doesn't know how to select the right picture when posting to clist -

I know this isn't biking related, but found it pretty funny:

https://austin.craigslist.org/bab/d/fisher-price-grow-to-pro-junior/6776271980.html

00r0r_aDrsnt40dQ2_600x450.jpg

Available 6 brand new Charlie Banana cloth diapers. It states one size fits all, but from personal experience we outgrown these diapers month 8. Available for a pickup, cash only. Over $130 worth.!!

Brown Boots w/ Buckle size 5- totally adorable NWT
Black Velour w/ Bow size 5- cute! NWT
Cat Ear Black Booties size 5- my duaghter was obsessed with these, NWOT
Navy Blue w/ sparkles size 6- nice, NWT

Sadly these did not fit my daughter at the right season. My loss is your gain. $15 each, or $50 for all 4.

Just reduced. 50% off!
Santa's Castle / Workshop from the holiday classic Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer
I've seen these sell for $600!!
Our set is in perfect condition. It's been stored in the original box. (The box pictured is a stock photo--our box shows some wear.
The walls can be closed to view from the outside or it opens up to reveal the workshop, bedrooms, Santa's Great Hall / throne room, giant Christmas tree, figurines, and other accessories.
Beautiful for a North Pole Christmas village display or a fun play / doll house year-round

Medela Advanced Double Breast Pump
Contents on sealed bags still.
Contents:
- One Double Electric breastpump
-One Double pumping kit:
-Two 24mm breastshields
-Two PersonalFit connectors
-Two Valves
-Two membranes
-Two tubing
-Two bottles and lids
-One 9 Volt AC adaptor

Product Features

Everywhere baby looks, (in the spinning seat, baby can see all around), there's something fun to do. Busy toys, including a bobble elephant and swinging monkey, captivate baby's attention and keep them entertained. Folds for easy storage and portability.
Features
* Seat spins 360° so baby can discover toys all around
* Sturdy, free-standing steel frame lets baby jump safely--no doorways required
* Easily adjusts to three different heights as baby grows
* Soft spring covers keep little fingers safe
* Busy activities include peek-a-boo tiger, bat-at monkey, rattle lizard, bobble elephant, spinner drum & more
* Soft, comfy seat pad is machine washable & dryer safe
* Folds for storage & on-the-go
* Durable frame is easy to assemble
* Requires 3 AA batteries

* 3 AA
* Weight Limit: 25 lbs. (11,3 kg)

All items are clean, very gently used, no stains or marks. They come from a pet free and non smoking house.

27 items total. This is a great deal!

Little Helper, Learning Tower natural wood
This is great for both my 1.5&3.5 yr olds! Only selling it bc we are moving.

Child Weight - Forward Facing Harness (up to 90 lbs)
Child Weight - Booster (40 - 120 lbs)

Child Seated Shoulder Height - Forward Facing Harness (12.5 - 20.5")
Child Seated Shoulder Height - Booster (15 - 23")

Here are the items for sale:
Bitty Baby (2) - $25 each. (Each includes the sleeper and bib as worn in the picture)
High Chair (2) - $20 each
Jogging Stroller (2) - $30 each
Accessories Set (2) - $10 each

Thank You!

• 1 month later...