IGNORED

Best Craig's List Ads

JRA

I'm torn between trying to have fun with this and trying to get some effective legal action going.  There is clearly a right choice, but I just don't know how effective legal action will actually be.  If they get nervous, this site/scammer could fold up Internet shop and reopen in a matter of minutes and would have then more-or-less disappeared.  Any advice?

-cls

8 minutes ago, MrTheCatLady said:

I'm torn between trying to have fun with this and trying to get some effective legal action going.  There is clearly a right choice, but I just don't know how effective legal action will actually be.  If they get nervous, this site/scammer could fold up Internet shop and reopen in a matter of minutes and would have then more-or-less disappeared.  Any advice?

-cls

Clearly need to have fun , thats the right choice. 

• Like 1

Here's the real auction:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-Trek-Fuel-EX-8-27-5-Plus-Large-w-SRAM-GX-1x11-and-Dropper/253810265654?hash=item3b18454e36:g:RMsAAOSwE0Jbbzr1

What these guys do is they go and look for closed auctions, steal all the info and photos, and of course put a too-good-to-be-true price on it... but with the info and description from the expired auction/listing, it sounds more legit. You usually see it with cars, especially niche stuff.

Edited by gotdurt
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, MrTheCatLady said:

-cls

What kind of legal action?

Are you in a position to actually make any legal claims?  I think the best that could be done is to get his site(s) taken down by reporting them to his host, but as you said, another will go up somewhere else.  I don't mind inconveniencing scumbags like this, though

• Like 1