IGNORED

Emergency contact info tag

I had a few close calls out on foot last night, which got me thinking about what would happen if I had a real incident. How would first responders of a helpful stranger identify me and call my wife?

Anyone use something like a Road ID? It looks like I can get one that fits on the watch I always have on for about $20.

That seems like a no-brainer. The tag has room for 5 lines of text but I can't think of anything to print on it beyond three lines. Something snarky like "is my bike OK?" 

I can't think of any relevant medical history or allergies to list. I'd rather not waste space with that. I'll have to see if they print everything proportionally bigger if I only use three-four lines.
Just put NKDA down for no allergies. It's better for medical personnel to know you have none as opposed to it being unknown.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

My cell phone "open screen" (what is displayed when it is turned on without entering a password) shows ICE (In Case of Emergency) with my wife and another emergency contact with their cell phone numbers.

I always have my wallet with my drivers license in it.

Unless someone steals my wallet and cell phone when I am down and unconscious, I think I am covered.

• Like 4

I won a free RoadID raffle a couple years ago at Cranksgiving. I use that with my wife and daughters cell numbers. Also says No Known Allergies
That's it . KISS
I dont carry a working cell when I ride. Just a iphone with no cellular. GpS always works so I use that for Strava.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, Haught Diggity said:

I used to wear RoadID, but now I carry my iPhone which includes a slot for my driver's license.  

I'm curious what were your couple of close calls on foot last night?  Stay safe, friends!

Went on a road/ trail run starting at dusk. Trails were great until it got too dark. Two cars nearly hit me while crossing roads at crosswalks with a walk signal. I had a bright white light in my hand but they still just charged at me until the last second.

On 12/6/2019 at 8:44 AM, cxagent said:

My cell phone "open screen" (what is displayed when it is turned on without entering a password) shows ICE (In Case of Emergency) with my wife and another emergency contact with their cell phone numbers.

I always have my wallet with my drivers license in it.

Unless someone steals my wallet and cell phone when I am down and unconscious, I think I am covered.

You can also program medical info into that as well.

On 12/6/2019 at 9:18 AM, Cafeend said:

I dont carry a working cell when I ride. Just a iphone with no cellular. GpS always works so I use that for Strava

I have a great phone (MOTO G) that I quit using because updates were no longer supported.  Now I'm off to investigate uses for phones without a cell plan. 

Edited by June Bug

On 12/14/2019 at 9:06 AM, TheX said:

I just tried to login in to roadid.com, and it doesn't know who I am. I'm sitting here looking at the roadid bracelet with my info. I definitely had an account. Not real happy about that.

At least you are having that experience and not the hospital administrators. 

• Like 1