IGNORED

Central Texas Pump Tracks?

jscottyk

On 3/22/2021 at 12:32 PM, mtb_jeremy said:

The pump track at McAllister park is really nice.  Went last week on Wednesday and only two other guys there at 11AM.  People at the track were super cool.  It was Spring Break, but still likely busier after work hours.  

There are the other trails at McAllister to explore, and a site or too in San Antonio.  

mac.jpg

I took my 6-year old down there for the day a few weeks ago.  It's a great pump track and I wish it were closer.  The trails at McAllister are mellow so we were able to hit the pump track for a couple of hours and then ride some trails before packing up to drive home.

• 5 months later...
14 hours ago, aguatom said:

Does anyone have any info about the dirt jumps/pump track in Taylor?  Heard some guys talking about it at Walnut but couldn't find anything on it on the web.  New supposedly...

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pierce+Park/@30.5702838,-97.4084701,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xfaadd531e8ff21!8m2!3d30.5702838!4d-97.4084701

i have not been out there, but there is some discussion about it on page two of this thread.

On 9/26/2021 at 8:15 PM, circuitbreaker said:

I might have found something new and amazing this morning on my ride. Are we allowed to spread the word?

Depends. 

Were there signs up? If it is what I was thinking of there were signs up (laminated paper), so it could be argued that it is legitimate. But, based on the fact that it does not seem to be 100% done, I think it is good to wait until the people doing the work chime in.

Yeah, that is a nice little section. I have been hitting it for a couple of months now and one day the pump track just literally appeared. I could tell they were going to build something but it just arrived overnight. Clearly with the help of several trail builders. Thanks to them for their efforts.

IMG_0769.thumb.jpeg.bd6edc8c06e05dd3c77aa8545083a2c9.jpeg

IMG_0770.thumb.jpeg.4fc14392fe4272fcb7f9963755eb5291.jpeg

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/14/2022 at 10:51 AM, mack_turtle said:

the skills park at Milburn is getting a major upgrade right now. photos on the KOM trails Instagram page.

The work at Milburn looks pretty good.  It seems like the mainly did this one line for now.  They say there are plans to come back later in the year to do more work, but it is partly dependent on the city (approval/budget and such).

milburn-0.png

milburn-1.png

milburn-2.png

milburn-4.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• 5 months later...

Saw this nugget on the facebook. looks like amazing:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/austinmountainbiking/permalink/2023264271215736/

New skate/bike park opening in Mueller Aug 11th!

Mueller’s latest amenity, the skate park and cycle pump track, is scheduled to open in the newest phase of the Southeast Greenway on Thursday, Aug. 11th at noon. The new facility will be accessible near Manor Road and Zach Scott Street. Visitors can skateboard, inline skate and ride BMX bikes while also enjoying breaks under a colorful shade canopy that features restrooms and a water fountain.

294517032_10160674363723109_905920390698

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I went and checked out the new pump track with my kids this morning. It was super busy which was great to see. That said, it’s a really nice facility but the pump track is a bit more geared towards skateboards. It was built by a skate park company and it shows.

It’s not as big as it looks in the pics and the while you can ride it on a bike, it’s just a bit tight and lacking the jumpable larger rollers that you see at a velosolutions pump track like at McAllister.   

That said, it’s still a great thing to have in the area and it’s definitely better than nothing. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

There is a new asphalt pump track going in at the Sontera neighborhood in Jarrell.  Not something I would have expected, but looks pretty good.   Saw a post with it in dirt form and almost ready for the asphalt surface to be added.

track.png

Edited by mtb_jeremy

• 2 weeks later...