IGNORED

Identify The Part... How Does it Work...

RidingAgain

yup, probably for a regular 22.2mm handlebar grip area, but it might fit wider sections. clamp it on there and use the wide pair of holes to bolt a bottle cage on.

https://www.greggscycles.com/product/bontrager-handlebar-bottle-cage-mount-242042-1.htm?variations=180266&_vsrefdom=adwords&gclid=Cj0KCQiAl5zwBRCTARIsAIrukdPP4L9iypyI04lcx26qZmO1AVN9_FTSTrtY-5NhFSkHx6PfYD446ocaAj47EALw_wcB

• Like 1

There are a pair of holes to bolt a disc brake on top of the chainstay, and a treaded hole above the axle for mounting a rack. I don't know what that protruding hoodickey with ta pair of threaded holes is about. some sort of kickstand mount? what specific frame is that? I think I've seen that somewhere before.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, June Bug said:

Eyelets (mounting holes) for rear pannier rack? Or am I not understanding the question?

Looks like mack_turtle figure out what all he holes are for.

I knew what the hole at the back was for... A rack. And after doing some research on types of disc set-ups I found out what the two at the top of the lower stay are for... Horizontal connected disc brake holder things (can't remember the proper name for them). 

It was the two holes on the raised part that I didn't know what they were for... But mack_turtle got it.

• 4 months later...

I've always wondered about this bit of design by Cannondale... Where the crown bracket connection to the Lefty strut is much further out in front of the steerer tube than on regular forks. What do you think this does to the whole cockpit set up of the bike it's on, and the ride influence... Longer wheel base for sure, but what else?

IMG_4717.jpg

1 hour ago, RidingAgain said:

Longer wheel base for sure, but what else?

While some Lefty forks don't do this, I think most Leftys have their axle in-line with their stanchion, instead of in front of their stanchion. So in this case, the Lefty has to get all of its offset from the top crown. 

Edited by Barry
typo buffet
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RidingAgain said:

The long non-drive side axle seems odd.

That looks like a fat bike or plus bike running non-fat/plus wheels/tires. When I have my fat bike set up with 29x2 wheels, it looks just like that. 

29 minutes ago, Barry said:

That looks like a fat bike or plus bike running non-fat/plus wheels/tires. When I have my fat bike set up with 29x2 wheels, it looks just like that. 

The frame is a 1998 Trek 8900... Haven't measured, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have the newer specs.

• Confused 1