IGNORED

Shimano brakes with Sram shifter

willatter

Anyone here run Xt brakes with Sram shifters? I want to switch from the Level TLM that came with my bike and install a pair of Xt brakes that I have laying around. Anyone have any experience with any of the adapters on the market? I'm running XO1 12sp and would prefer to still have the ability to adjust the shifter angles.

The X01 shifters are just the pods and connect to the sram brake levers directly. I do have a set of NX that have the integrated mounts, these are different. I've seen the problem solvers solution and think that is probably the way to go. I was just hoping someone had some first hand experience with them. 

29 minutes ago, willatter said:

The X01 shifters are just the pods and connect to the sram brake levers directly. I do have a set of NX that have the integrated mounts, these are different. I've seen the problem solvers solution and think that is probably the way to go. I was just hoping someone had some first hand experience with them. 

I run SRAM shifter with Shimano Zee brakes using the problem solvers adapter. There is a slight bit of play that I'm not sure if it is supposed to be there when pressing the shifter. It bothered me for about 2 rides and now I don't even notice it.

Ive run sram drivetrain and shimano brakes on most all my bikes and don't care for the integrated stuff. Would much rather use them separately. Being able to put the shifter/lever in any particular combination i choose is a luxury, especially when clocking the X01's shift lever.

Flex. Wife's bike has Ispec B XTR and dont like the deflection when pressing shift lever.  

My crap 2c

Edited by ATXZJ