IGNORED

Can I be a dick for 4.2 seconds?

Sluggo

1 hour ago, notyal said:

The only other thread in the Off Topic sub-forum is literally about why people aren't posting in this sub-forum. Just sayin'.

I kinda get what you are saying.  But this forum is new and it will take some time/intentionality for it to fill out and get traction (or it won't and then it will die).  My suggestion is that its up to us 'early adopters' to get some of these places going.  Thats why I went over to the Roadie Forum and started posting some stuff.  I've been fairly surprised and pleased at how its gain a little momentum.  Your only 1 lucky aquarium for sale post away from a runaway hit over here!

Later, -CJB

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Scorpionwoman said:

This will be a better site if females and their body parts are not constantly used as standard vocabulary when the intent is to insult someone.

Thank you, Albert.

Sorry I was mocking bartman when i kept using female body parts as "standard vocabulary" since that seemed to be his preferred method of degradation on bikemojo. I realize using it myself in an obscene manner doesn't contribute to anything so I won't do it again, sorry! 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, notyal said:

A PC mountain bike forum exists. It's called MTBR.

The difference I think is that like Mojo before it, this site is still equipped to create true community within the broader community. I've met, rode with, and done trail work with a dozen or so folks who I've encountered through Mojo and now AMB. We can also still spread news more easily about local events, local shops, local trail conditions, etc.   

• Like 4

2 hours ago, notyal said:

The only other thread in the Off Topic sub-forum is literally about why people aren't posting in this sub-forum. Just sayin'.

No, it was that nobody was posting anywhere on the forum at 0400 while I was babysitting an IT problem. I was on site for 22 hours and read the entire internet.

1 minute ago, Seths Pool said:

I think the fact that bartman got banned for not even saying anything THAT crazy and just posting a picture of Johnny cash shooting the finger to the admin sets a whole shitty tone and gives big "supervised at daycare" feeling. 

how about we have a good ole simple vote to bring him back of not

Really, you think it's okay for someone to basically say "fuck you" to the admin?  That's not Bartman trying to set a shitty tone?  Sorry, but completely unmoderated forums that allow people like Bartman to post their garbage without repercussions suck.  There will be no voting to bring him back.  Almost all forums are moderated in some fashion, and pretty much all forums I've been on would have banned Bartman ages ago given his repeated behavior.  He's a troll, just trying to get a rise out of people.  

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Ridenfool said:

No, it was that nobody was posting anywhere on the forum at 0400 while I was babysitting an IT problem. I was on site for 22 hours and read the entire internet.

I've been through more of those nights than I care to recount. What always amused me (in the worst kind of way), was that 9 times out of 10 the failures were a result of a failsafe mechanism not working. The story I would get was that the system didn't fail in the right way to invoke the failsafe. Hope you had a good outcome at least. 

9 minutes ago, throet said:

I've been through more of those nights than I care to recount. What always amused me (in the worst kind of way), was that 9 times out of 10 the failures were a result of a failsafe mechanism not working. The story I would get was that the system didn't fail in the right way to invoke the failsafe. Hope you had a good outcome at least. 

Still wrapping it up. Replaced the failed HDD, then needed to reboot the ESXi host and the boot USB cratered. Should have most of it all back to normal tomorrow. Fingers crossed. Then I can plan when to take the hours off and go ride. Which probably means more rain. Sorry.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

What actual value did bartman bring into any discussion? Im at a loss. 

Besides, this is just one website that finally told him no. He still has mojo, and up until a month or so ago, thats all he had and he was happy to wallow in that. 

haha I personally like the guy but that was pretty funny

• Haha 1

This will be a better site if females and their body parts are not constantly used as standard vocabulary when the intent is to insult someone.
Thank you, Albert.

I have to agree wholeheartedly. Don’t even know the person involved- but repeatedly doing the above was unacceptable. This is true for me in all situations. But even those who may be okay with “locker room talk” would have to agree this is a public forum, not a locker room. Actually wish this was big part of reason for being banned, along with attacking people. Maybe it can be going forward. Plenty of fun and humor exists without crossing those lines.
  • Like 2

It’s your forum. We’re all moochers at this point so I have no problem with you controlling things as you see fit.

this is how I view it. anybody that disagrees with the rules is perfectly free to spend their own money and a lot of riding time setting up their own forum.

Thanks for all the hard work Albert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

• 2 months later...