IGNORED

Bentonville AirBnBs

fontarin

On 10/16/2020 at 9:06 AM, AustinBike said:

We stayed at a house that backed up to Tristan's and Red Barn. Great location. There was a pump track-type of trail on A street that we would mess around on while waiting for Welton to get his act together. They're up there now, wish I could have made the trip this year.

I'm staying in a rental in that area soon, off Oakwood/Almand, it will be my first trip to Bentonville.  From looking at the maps I'm not seeing any direct public access to Tristan from there, it looks like the closest is off of N. Walton to the north.  Were you able to find a public access point there or were you just in a property that had private access?

That backs up to the house we stayed in a year or so ago. It was funny riding around the bend and looking at that house as it looked just like us. A bunch of bikes all over the garage and guys coming and going. Good times.

It is a good location. I just wish that neighborhood was at the BOTTOM of a hill instead of having to climb up to it at the end of the day. 

That place was great. Bike parking rack in the garage, a nice deck overlooking the backyard to hang out on. Five Stars.

Here’s where my family stayed in June. Great location right across from Tiger trail which was a great warm up. The house had bike tools, a bike wash station, a deck out back, and a fire pit in the backyard. It was perfect for a small group.

Dropped pin
Near 2 Pintell St, Bentonville, AR 72712
https://goo.gl/maps/6G9MArQd4VZNhpmB6

This where we stayed just a week ago. Not as well set up for bikers, but there were 3 bedrooms and you had garage access for storing the bikes. The main appeal of this place was the location. Super close to Crystal Bridges and dropping in to Slaughter Pen via Rockledge Trail, just north of the 8th St. Pumptrack, and a flat/no climb ride to downtown.

Dropped pin
Near 1302 NE 3rd St, Bentonville, AR 72712
https://goo.gl/maps/BCHBhhPi94oCgjMq5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, AustinBike said:

Here is the house:

https://goo.gl/maps/WLKYaXTXyegyeNeS9

As you can see it's right at the crossroads of the trail. To the left you go down Tristan's and to the right you go down Ozone. It was a great location. We did several rides right from the house and we also were able to easily pedal into town for dinner/drinks.

Thanks.  We'll be staying on the west side of Tristan from this location and I don't think our property is going to back right up to it like this one does, so we'd have to cross private property (we won't) in order to drop in right on the trail.  We'll have to ride around to a nearby trailhead which still isn't bad, it's only a half mile.  Since that's the only trailhead nearby we're likely to begin every day on the N. Bentonville trail near the dog park and kids bike playground and go from there.

• 1 month later...

@ Moc and Olddbrider. Thanks very much for the recommendations on trails up here. The boy has had a blast on those trails.
Our place is on Ledges off of the Back 40. Little trail from the house to the trail. Saturday when we got into town it rained. I was worried about the trail conditions. Ended up riding from here at the house and about half the Back 40. Trails were nice and no signs of the rain the night before.
Shocked after the rain how awesome the trail was.
I am riding my SS since the kid has my full squish and it has not been bad at all. Even with the hills and dampness that day.

We rode Coler Monday. Again pretty damn cool place.
Rolled up on a SS with drop bars and for sure got some looks and comments. But real cool doing Blue trails with the kid.
After which we spent the rest of the day at SlaughterPen exploring.

Yesterday was a rest day.
Today is cold and raining so we went over by Tunnel Vision (Little Sugar) and rode Down Under. Despite the weather it was truly an all weather trail system like they say.
We will hit a quick loop around here later on possibly.
Anyways have 3 more days left and tons of trails to roll.
Thanks much for advice!

b617dd773825da718ecf71e312466601.jpg1da27e736bf5f74c1c028d6e88f771ba.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 5

• 3 months later...
16 hours ago, Cafeend said:

Anyone stay at the Coler Preserve Campground?
If so, how was it? I'm itching for a trip

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Do you have a link?  I've ridden my bike through what looked like a camping area in Color Preserve.  It looked pretty nice, but not terribly private.  It was not too far from a parking lot and I'd think you may get a decent amount of MTB traffic around you.  I guess depends on what you are looking for.

-CJB

2 hours ago, CBaron said:

Do you have a link?  I've ridden my bike through what looked like a camping area in Color Preserve.  It looked pretty nice, but not terribly private.  It was not too far from a parking lot and I'd think you may get a decent amount of MTB traffic around you.  I guess depends on what you are looking for.

-CJB

https://www.peelcompton.org/coler-mountain-bike-preserve/

Thats it , You saw it when you were there. They just opened after I left up there . Close to town good location, cheap for a quick get away. 

• 2 weeks later...

This past weekend I took a solo trip to BVille. I stayed at the recently opened Coler Campgrounds   https://www.peelcompton.org/coler-mountain-bike-preserve/camping/

Since it was just me the small platform was plenty good. There are 16 well spread out site and 6 pads for camper vans (did see a dude with an Outback and teardrop) The sites don't have water and no fires allowed. 

That was fine with me. There is a community fire pit if that's your thing. 

The area itself is on the west side of Coler and about maybe 200 yards from the paved trail but people dont come over and through all the trees I doubt they know there is a campground there. Airship coffee is a short walk away and a couple green trails are right there leading toward the south end and connecting over to Coler.  From this location it is a short ~10 Min drive to the Little Sugar trail. You can ride the paved path south and hit 3rd St and then wind your way over to downtown BVille in maybe ~15 min , so located nicely.

There was a gate that required a code to enter to keep out the riff raff commoners and you park once you go through the gate ( Cars \ trucks are in a lot and and so you don't potentially have your car near the sites)

Every time I came in driving there was a docent there to check my name and pop in the code for me. Super nice people.

The grounds are very clean and nicely kept.

The bath rooms are separate from men\woman and there is a code to enter the bath rooms. They were amazingly clean and heated. The men's room had 5 showers and 3 toilets . Looked nice with the wood and tile.

I was concerned with my bike , I noticed some people would leave the site and keep their bikes at their site. Some people left them on their racks. I kept mine in the back of my truck , I have a cap so it was locked. 

Anyways I'd definitely go back there and was pleasantly surprised how nice it was. 

• Like 1