IGNORED

I Kind of Have This Little Spring Trip in Mind...

What cities are on that route?
Cold Water Mountain in AL is worth a detour!

On taco mans route, Ditto coldwater east of Birmingham. Also ridden Oak Mtn SP and tannehill SP south side of bham, chewcla near Montgomery/Auburn, ridgeland near Jackson, and mt Zion south of Jackson in Brookhaven, Lincoln Parish Park in Ruston, Tyler SP. All better than the few things I’ve ridden in FL or lower Alabama. Too sandy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

First part of trip is to head east from Austin to the Tyler or Shreveport area. If it's Tyler, the we don't go by Sam Houston National Forest trails (Double Lake Recreational), instead go up to the trails around the Tyler area, which seems to have a few nice trails.

The need is to get up to the I20, then begin to head east towards Birmingham, AL.

Along the way just off the I20 are some trails around Shreveport, LA... Then a trail called Lincoln Parish Park... Then a trail called Noxubeee Hills Trail System just north of Jackson, MS. This is where I turn off I20 and begin to head north to end up in Birmingham, AL, taking I82 to Tuscaloosa, where there are two trail systems that look interesting.

Then on to Birmingham and Oak Mountain State Park. Then on to Florida after this, maybe with a stop in one or two of the trail systems in the Gainesville/Ocala/Tampa corridor.

Timing should be a day  do the Tyler, TX/Shreveport, LA ,section... A day for the Jackson, MS, section... A day to Birmingham, AL, section... Rest day... Then a day onto Central, FL... Then a day onto South, FL.

So six days total heading out. Which, looking at it in more detail would be too much time, as I'm thinking we have about a ten day time limit. It's the damn Florida section... So fricking long from north to south.

That north east corridor from Tyler to Birmingham looks like its worth doing a some point it time though.

Edited by RidingAgain